Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me (using my android phone stopwatch) from power button push to emuNAND is 22.8 seconds :D

I rebooted it again just to make sure and yeah its pretty fast. Faster than rxTools or GW, thats for sure. Both of them are 5-10 seconds from loading the dat file to seeing emunand. Reinand is under 5.

Longest part is, funny enough, the part with the highest failure rate. Menuhax itself.

Reactions: peteruk

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using the latest v3 of reinand posted today. When I try to update it to 10.3 it gives me the message "Booting in to Home Menu.. Do not turn off the device" (translated). Any ideas? It also did not work with the previous versions of ReiNand :(

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer using OOT hax over the whole menuhax type 2 setup, so does this 3.0 release have autoboot enabled? If so, is there a way to disable it so I can see CtrBootManager everytime before it loads ReiNAND? (I know it's weird, I just prefer doing it this way.)

If you really want it, I think I can add the code back in, all he did was remove what we were commenting out.
That would be fantastic if you could do that, yes!

Last edited by saxon48,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the awesome CFW update. Does the firmkey.bin/firmware.bin generation also mean that this CFW is future-proof for N3DS?

Also, is there any possibility for an NFC switch (wifi switch) toggle hotkey for N3DS? I've had some times in JP Triforce Heroes where I absolutely could not leave a room where people wouldn't cooperate, and not having the switch caused me to resort to Gateway's cheat menu to achieve it. Also wondering if we can take advantage of the brighter screen control whenever 3D is turned on.

kralde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to all!
Seems that my main problem is that I didn't saw the "releases" page on git hub...hahaha lame right? XD
Installed and working, but I'm facing a lot of times (like the previous build) with blacks screens and need to force power off the system and then try again, it's normal?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer using OOT hax over the whole menuhax type 2 setup, so does this 3.0 release have autoboot enabled? If so, is there a way to disable it so I can see CtrBootManager everytime before it loads ReiNAND? (I know it's weird, I just prefer doing it this way.)

The "autoboot" feature in reference to reinand is that it doesnt wait on the splash screen for a prompt.

What you need to do is edit the boot.cfg for ctrbootmanager to not autoboot its default.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Using the latest v3 of reinand posted today. When I try to update it to 10.3 it gives me the message "Booting in to Home Menu.. Do not turn off the device" (translated). Any ideas? It also did not work with the previous versions of ReiNand :(
Did you grab the new firmware.bin file? You cannot use the same one you used before or that you used for rxtools, pasta or cakes.

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "autoboot" feature in reference to reinand is that it doesnt wait on the splash screen for a prompt.

What you need to do is edit the boot.cfg for ctrbootmanager to not autoboot its default.
Ah, was a little mixed up on the whole autoboot part then. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by saxon48,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States

well 'autoboot' just means you dont need to press any buttons when the cfw is loaded, so you would see CBM before reinand in either case
Thank you for the awesome CFW update. Does the firmkey.bin/firmware.bin generation also mean that this CFW is future-proof for N3DS?

Also, is there any possibility for an NFC switch (wifi switch) toggle hotkey for N3DS? I've had some times in JP Triforce Heroes where I absolutely could not leave a room where people wouldn't cooperate, and not having the switch caused me to resort to Gateway's cheat menu to achieve it. Also wondering if we can take advantage of the brighter screen control whenever 3D is turned on.
key gen just means i wrong a function that acts like the arm9loader instead of adding illegal keys in the code.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im happy, fixed a major issue, now working on the Rei string bug amongst other things, and waiting on @SkyDX for splash ideas i guess, lol.

Hey Rei! Sorry I've been busy with the Blade & Soul launch yesterday and today I'm out... I saw that you already have two nice new splash screens! :D If you want I can still make two alternatives though, I should have time tomorrow :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY