Soundhax website

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ancient_magicks, Feb 13, 2017.

1. ancient_magicks
    OP

ancient_magicks Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
  2. TheGreek Boy

TheGreek Boy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 9, 2016
    Greece
    Behind you.
  3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    He said he was bored. :P

4. ancient_magicks
    OP

ancient_magicks Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    I was bored and that site has no instructions. This site is more noob friendly.

5. windhazard

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Most of the posts/guides leading to the original link already have instruction included though. And you have to update it manually every time the original version has an update.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    Looks like you have text overlap issue on the about page...
    Screenshot_20170213-092811.png

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I feel like if you can't figure how to use soundhax, then you should stop what you are doing.

8. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    and ya need yp redit that to state works on Latest 11.3 FW. as Soundhax works still.

9. Polarise

Polarise GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Do you have a link for the template you used? I would like to make a site myself.

10. ancient_magicks
    OP

ancient_magicks Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    Never said I can't figure it out, just said others may not be able to.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I coded it from scratch in HTML and CSS haha. Just save the webpage and use that as a starter.

11. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Then as a community we should help them, not hold their hand. If they figure out how to install something as simple as soundhax, than we shouldn't encourage them to continue going blindly into things. We should be explaining how it works and how to set things up and not just set it up for them. They're not going to learn if people are just going to hold their hand the entire time. That's why we have so many clueless noobs, because complex shit gets boiled down to stupid levels and no one takes the time to understand what they are doing.
    This site doesn't help noobs, it enables them

12. Grantman20

Grantman20 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    Littleroot Town
    let the clueless noobs learn, this isn't no baby caring site. Let them learn on their own., if they brick good for them they learned.

13. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    And then there are people like you only making the problem worse. Instead of attempting to help, you contribute to the ever growing problem of out of control shitposting. Thus instead of people asking for help when they should, they just assume someone is going to shit on their thread instead.
    This is not how GBATemp operates. We used to be a helpful community that encouraged asking questions and spreading knowledge. The idea of saying, "let them brick," is completely against what our site is about

Quantumcat likes this.
  14. Grantman20

Grantman20 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    Littleroot Town
    you're taking this out of context Mr.keyboard Warrior, im obviously going to help em if they make a post about it

15. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I am actually a girl :P
    And you set yourself up for a scolding. Without context or tone, I only have what I see in front of me. Though I do apologize if I went overboard

wormdood likes this.
  16. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's Saint Holy Sword Dragon

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Welcome to gbatemp, where someone creates something and gets bullied because why the fuck not.

And i thought the internet artists community was bad enough...

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Feb 24, 2017
    ancient_magicks and maorninja like this.
  17. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I am not bullying them, I am pointing out their flaws and siting reasons why this isn't actually helpful for the overall community. It's called "constructive criticism"

18. DeslotlCL

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Cant find the constructive criticism. I mean, it just seems like you are calling someone who cant figure out how soundhax works a retard, or telling the op to stop his bullshit crestions because they encourage the noobs to have everything the easy way.

I know you would like people to get into the 3ds stuff, to read and study how things works. But there will be always that kind of people who just wants homebrew or a cfw just for piracy and nothing else, just that. I mean, that people would still be grateful if you give them a quick and easy explanation and a ready to grab pack for their needs, because you know, not everyone has the time, the patience or wants to learn about this stuff.

What about a dad who wants to install free games for his child? or a brother who wants to install the homebrew launcher for his little brother? or to a friend? or another family member? We really dont need to make things frustrasting or harder, just look at what the user needs and that's all. If the user wants to learn and go further, sure, go ahead and teach him, show him/her complex guides and stuff.

It is just, that seeing people doing or creating stuff, even if they sre tge smsllest thing in the world, getting bad feedback feels bad. We should encourage them to continue working or cresting more stuff. As an artist, it hurts to see begginers artist being bullied because they art isn't the best out there. I like to encourage them and tell them to continue drswing no mather what people tell them. They will eventually get better and make amazing pieces of art.

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Feb 24, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  19. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    You take it like I am calling their site shit or something. When in reality I am trying to help stop the widespread ignorance in the forums. I am not against making something simple, trust me, I love that installing A9LH took my 20 minutes vs the 4 hours of my first install. But I am against people blindly following guides. That's the biggest issue right now, is people blindly following guides then being like, "i dont no wat i did, but i did it!" Then later on down the road that ignorance bites them in the ass. Which is why I discourage sites like this, not because I think they are poorly made or because I discourage community projects. But because if someone truly doesn't know what they are doing, they shouldn't continue until they understand what they are doing. We would be seeing less threads popping up if people actually understood their actions instead of just blindly doing things.
    In short, I am not against a site like being made because I always encourage community work. But that doesn't mean I am for it because I also don't agree with blind guides.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Feb 24, 2017
    DeslotlCL likes this.
  20. DeslotlCL

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Fair point