Sound Equalizer for Windows?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lanlan, Jan 1, 2012.

Jan 1, 2012

Sound Equalizer for Windows? by Lanlan at 11:19 AM (407 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    Is there a program that will equalize all sound on my computer? I hate that youtube and spotify sound so flat and crappy. I don't know much about sound cards, so tell me if you need any of my computer's info.

2. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Right click on the megaphone icon that's on the bottom-right of the task bar, go to "Playback devices", from there, double click on "speakers", then the "enhancements" tab, check the "equalizer" box. In the equalizer box you can create your own presets to you liking and name them whatever you want, just look for the tiny box with three dots on it, this is where you can adjust the different frequencies. Oh, and 500 posts.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    I only have loudness equalization, bass boost, virtual surround, and room correction

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Get a USB DAC instead....

5. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Maybe it's different on my PC due to me having an integrated sound card...?

6. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    It depends on the soundcard and the installed driver. I have the option too btw and it sais the provider is realtek, that's the producer of my soundcard.
    @OP:
    Do you have the latest driver installed?

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Possible tweak- if you do not have a sound card/drivers for it that allow proper tweaks if you have FFDShow installed (you probably do if you have any half decent codec pack installed) you can get it to decode raw audio and ffdshow does have equalisers.

All this being said consider your sources- youtube has got better in recent years but I would not call it brilliant.