Sorry for the noob question...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kuthedude, Dec 31, 2014.

  1. kuthedude
    OP

    kuthedude Newbie

    Newcomer
    3
    0
    Dec 31, 2014
    United States
    So after reading a few threads, I decided to get a new 3ds xl. I also ordered a gateway 3ds to play some games. So I setup my profile, and didn't enable wifi like others have suggested. However, my current version out of the box is 6.2.0-12U. Does this mean I am SOL until Gateway updates? To my understanding, Gateway only supports versions up to 4.5. Is there anything I can do?
     
  2. StarPlatinum

    StarPlatinum Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    97
    50
    Dec 22, 2014
    Italy
    You have to wait, welcome.
     
  3. thorasgar

    thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

    Member
    3,405
    1,844
    Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    A New 3DS jap or aus version? or a new US 3DS? Two different things.

    I assume a US 3DS given the firmware. You are sol until the GW update is released. Do not update the firmware until we know more.
     
  4. kuthedude
    OP

    kuthedude Newbie

    Newcomer
    3
    0
    Dec 31, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, US. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to wait.
     
  5. Danjal

    Danjal GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    342
    256
    Nov 9, 2014
    Netherlands

    Considering its version 6.2.0-12U its safe to assume that this is a "new" (as in unused) 3DS XL - as opposed to a "New 3DS XL"


    And yes, waiting is the only option. Either Gateway will give support to 6.2 directly (they've only hinted at 7.0~9.2, but are working on more), or you'll have to update to a higher version with any of the games that can bring it to 8.x
     
  6. kuthedude
    OP

    kuthedude Newbie

    Newcomer
    3
    0
    Dec 31, 2014
    United States
    The item is returnable on amazon. Should I just return it and get one w/ 4.5 on ebay? I guess I am asking if there is any major difference between the models?
     
  7. thorasgar

    thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

    Member
    3,405
    1,844
    Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    The safest bet is a 4.5 can you wait "a few days" and see if GW has anything to offer?