Hacking Sony's ban behaviour

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup gangstas! hey what about who used an e3 flasher and who didnt?
Hmmm. Not sure if they really have anything to detect this. I believe the bans are mostly ps3's that were recently jailbroken with the new method. I check my ps3 from time to time and it still isnt banned. I use every ban prevention in the book before even connecting to the internet anyways.

EmBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Being lazy, I just disable CFW syscalls, PS3MAPI enabled, and Lock PSN with webMAN MOD 99% of the time I'm using the PS3...

Not banned yet, though I pretty much never play online. Did try to change my teenage username once, didn't know it's still not possible.

RodrigoSalsa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I bought a used PS3 slim that's on the last official firmware. I don't know if it was previously hacked. It came with a 160 Samsung HDD, I switched to a 500 GB HDD and did a new format & install. Made a new random account in PSN and was able to log in and download some demos from PSN.

I don't want to hack it, I want to transfer my old PS3 to this new one and use it as original. My account have a lot of money spent in official games (PS3, PS4 and Vita).

What are the risks? How can I be safe and not get banned? Thanks a lot

pspunabletohack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I bought a used PS3 slim that's on the last official firmware. I don't know if it was previously hacked. It came with a 160 Samsung HDD, I switched to a 500 GB HDD and did a new format & install. Made a new random account in PSN and was able to log in and download some demos from PSN.

I don't want to hack it, I want to transfer my old PS3 to this new one and use it as original. My account have a lot of money spent in official games (PS3, PS4 and Vita).

What are the risks? How can I be safe and not get banned? Thanks a lot
Can't you just copy the old ps3 it's hard drive to the new one using a HDD transfer tool on the PC?
I'm not sure if that transfers the CFW over (I guess not) but maybe disconnect from the internet at first boot to be sure.

Last edited by pspunabletohack,

RodrigoSalsa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't you just copy the old ps3 it's hard drive to the new one using a HDD transfer tool on the PC?
I'm not sure if that transfers the CFW over (I guess not) but maybe disconnect from the internet at first boot to be sure.

My old console is original, never hacked before. I can transfer old content to new console using ethernet cable.
What worries me is that doing it I could be at risk if the new console was hacked before.

I logged with an account I created just to test in the new console using the new HDD, and was able to enter and download PSN demos. How can I be safe to proceed the transfer and not risk my original account if the new console was hacked before? Can Sony detect it even with the new HDD?

Thanks for the help

pspunabletohack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My old console is original, never hacked before. I can transfer old content to new console using ethernet cable.
What worries me is that doing it I could be at risk if the new console was hacked before.

I logged with an account I created just to test in the new console using the new HDD, and was able to enter and download PSN demos. How can I be safe to proceed the transfer and not risk my original account if the new console was hacked before? Can Sony detect it even with the new HDD?

Thanks for the help
In that case I read that installing OFW twice should erase all traces of CFW. You obliviously installed OFW once already because you popped in a new drive in the new PS3 so I guess if you format the drive once more and install OFW once again you should be fine.

PS: I didn't know you could transfer data to another PS3 over ethernet. Guess I learned something new today :P

Last edited by pspunabletohack,

RodrigoSalsa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In that case I read that installing OFW twice should erase all traces of CFW. You obliviously installed OFW once already because you popped in a new drive in the new PS3 so I guess if you format the drive once more and install OFW once again you should be fine.

PS: I didn't know you could transfer data to another PS3 over ethernet. Guess I learned something new today :P
Thanks for the reply! And yes, it's possible to transfer contents between PS3's or PS4's with an ethernet cable. Best regards!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if accidentally trying to sign in with the sp:int environment on cex can get you banned? or, is it nothing to worry about?

goodha2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
  1. CFW/ODDE/OFW: Habib Cobra 4.55 v1.03 CFW
  2. Online multiplayer: Yes
  3. Connected to PSN: Yes (One)
  4. Homebrew whilst on PSN: No
  5. Cheating whilst on PSN: Yes
  6. Loading backups via Multiman/Webman on a separate profile: Yes
  7. Loading backups via Multiman/Webman on your main PSN profile: Yes
  8. If applicable, reason of ban: BO2/GTA V Cheat/Modded report/flagged.
  9. Console ban: Yes
  10. Account ban: Yes
  11. Date of acquiring CFW and date of acquiring ban: June, 2014.
  12. Hours a day of connected to PSN: 6-8 days, (I can't remember back in 2014).
  13. Hours a day of playing multiplayer games: 1-3 days, (I can't remember same).

Apologies for the late response but yes.
If you didn't use a Anti-ban eboot for Black Ops 2, your console will be banned.
If CFW aren't disabled then you can get banned. If CFW Syscall is disabled + Clear history. You won't banned.
I've tested that before time and never get banned. I was just bought new CID Private as well.

does anyone know if accidentally trying to sign in with the sp:int environment on cex can get you banned? or, is it nothing to worry about?
Without CFW Syscall disabled and Clear history, when you are logging to PSN then you can get banned, they submit history + system reported to sony. You have to first load game + CFW Syscall disable, clear history = safest and no ban yet.

Last edited by goodha2,
Reactions: DinohScene

LordOfTheShadows

Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Yes
Yes
No
No
No
Yes
Idk
Yes
I don't remember
Don't remember the exact dates, but i think it was 3 months after i got the cfw that i got banned
~6
~5,5

It must have been because i didn't use psnpatch or some similar application that i got banned.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this what it looks like on sony's end? I just saw this picture today. it's on psdevwiki, which doesn't say what it is really.

PSN_BAN.png

Reactions: MrCokeacola

ctgchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can I still connect to PSN, access the playstation store, download my PS+ titles,... with a R3bug console? I just want it for the homebrew, not for piracy reasons. What do you I need to keep in mind when trying this?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sony doesn't care if you pirate or not.
If they catch you on running any form of unsigned code they'd ban the console.

Piracy and especially cheating just makes it easier for them to ban hacked consoles.

ctgchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks! I'm pretty new to all this and I just flashed my PS3 Phat to Rebug 4.86.1, added multiman and webman mod today. Did not play any games, or anything of the sort.

Immediately after the modification I got the 80010519 error (as the console was configured to login to PSN automatically). See attached image.

I think I want to prohibit my console from accessing PSN. What's the best way to do that? I've seen this option in te wMAN MOD interface:

upload_2020-6-2_15-50-51.png

As I understand it, this is where the magic should be when it comes to preventing a ban of not?

Which one should I pick or should I take other precautions? I'll consider buying a PS3 slim as a secondary console for my PSN games.

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_152252.jpg
    IMG_20200602_152252.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 402
Last edited by ctgchaos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome