Sony vs Sandisk

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RoMee, Jun 3, 2011.

1. RoMee
    OP

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    I'm trying to decide on a 16GB M2 for my PSP GO.

I want to go with the Sandisk because it's cheaper, but I won't buy it if there's a significant lost in performance when compared to Sony.

So if anyone is using these, I would like to know if there's any difference in performance?

A 16GB sandisk is about $20 shipped.....magicgate is supported right??
    A 16GB sony is about $40 shipped

2. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Dreamland.
    I don't have a 16 gig sand but I do have a 4, and I can say that magicgate is supported. I've never had any problems with it.

3. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    I have used a 4GB SanDisk MS Pro Duo in my PSP since I got it (until today, just recieved a Photofast cr-5400 dual Micro SDHC to MS Pro Duo adapter), and it has worked perfectly for me. I haven't used a Sony to compare it with, but PSN downloaded games seemed to load quickly and videos etc. always played perfectly, so I guess the transfer speed was good enough. I would say you will be perfectly safe going for a SanDisk. I have also been using a SanDisk micro SDHC card in my phone for a while now, and it's working grand, and I got two more of them for my cr-5400.

4. Saken

Saken GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    I got a Sandisk 16GB Pro Duo, works like a charm.

5. RoMee
    OP

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    I know how well a sandisk work in a psp 3000 but I'm more interested how good their M2 is when compared to sony.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a little slower, but is it enough to spend the extra $$ for a sony brand?

UPDATE:
    I just ordered the sandisk 16GB M2 for my PSP GO.
    I'll report the cards performance when I get it.

UPDATE(2):
    I just got it and it's working perfectly
    magicgate is supported, and so far no lag on any games

good thing I didn't over spend by going with the sony brand
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice