Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SCEK announced 40GB model PS3 priced at 350,000 Won tax included.
The F/X rate seems to be 1000 KRW = 1.1 USD
Which means it's ~$382, including tax, I don't know what the tax rates are in every single State,
but it basically means it's sold at $349.99, give or take depending on the tax you pay.

Probably about 90% of PS2 users in Korea run backups, there are 10 times more 360 owners than PS3 owners in Korea, and yet Sony gives them good deals like very early 80GB model and really cheap 40Gb model.

If $349.99 PS3 model comes out in North America, it will sell well I bet.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'd definately buy one.

It'd only be 50 bucks more than an XBox 360.

Don't understand why they'd give them a deal like that and not us.

Maybe they don't want that old dude to blow them up, so they send him a PS3 for 350 dollas
ph34r.gif

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe they don't want that old dude to blow them up, so they send him a PS3 for 350 dollasÂ
ph34r.gif

Lol took me 20 seconds to understand that. I don't think China (Except Hong Kong) and North Korea get retail PS3, and North Korea probably lacks electricity to run this 180W eating monster. Oh wait, my desktop eats 550W but I'm in Canada yay!

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe they don't want that old dude to blow them up, so they send him a PS3 for 350 dollasÂ
ph34r.gif

You just reminded me of that old news report on Saddam Hussein buying thousands of PS2s to use in Iraq's missile programs
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Alexander Rose @ Sun-Times, Dec 27 2001)For nearly three decades Iraq has demonstrated an insatiable desire to acquire weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and longer range delivery systems. Iraq has approached the acquisition of these weapons with dedication and creativity. In 2000, for example, Saddam Hussein imported over 4,000 Playstation and Playstation 2 video game systems, which are not subject to embargoes that prohibit Iraq from importing advanced computers. A home video-game system is not extremely capable, of course. However, according to intelligence sources, it is likely that Saddam is using these systems linked together to help in the development of sophisticated guidance systems for missiles.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the 40G set to be launched at $399 in the US? I haven't bothered checking as I wouldn't buy a PS3 without BC (I'm sure my PS2 will crap out in a near future, but as there are still PS1/PS2 games I'd be playing in a few years...). The white PS3 is really nice though.

QUOTE said:
However, according to intelligence sources, it is likely that Saddam is using these systems linked together to help in the development of sophisticated guidance systems for missiles.
im in ur ps2
stealin ur processin powwah

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't the 40G set to be launched at $399 in the US?

Yup, but Korean 40GB is priced at equivalent of $349.99.
I just found out 40GB in Hong Kong is even cheaper, by something like 10% (custom-free country you know).

Come on, we are richer but not by $50 on game consoles
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1