rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
JinTrigger said:
oh so they'll work with the 3000 and are they worth the $20

Get the ones from DealExtreme and you'll save yourself about $10.

Dunno if they work for the 3000 or not, though. I'm surprised Sony didn't change the jack slightly so they could release a load of new cables.

Although if you're using it for playing games, I'd say wait until it's been hacked then try FuSa. It allows you to play a game on the whole area of the screen over any cable. I'm pretty sure that normally only part of the screen is used for games.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll give you my personal experience and you can take it as a fact as I don't like confusing the issue.

For starters, don't pay $20. The official one you can find at a used game shop and/or online for $5-10 like I did.

Will it work on the 3K model and is it worth it? Yes, as the base setup is same as the 2K line (which I have.) Worth it, most definitely, but read on to know some facts.

Games -- Titles you get on the UMDs will not play at the full screen level, but a letterboxed say 80% screen fill ratio. While the titles essentially are geared to run on a handheld, many of them actually still look spectacular on the large screen. I have a 26" LCD tv, so size wise I suppose I get about 22" for the game and it's good stuff. Unlike the GBA Player on the GC the games when blown up don't suddenly get more jagged, uglier, contorted, etc. While the stuff is blown up, I supposed the game makers had the hindsight plus the general power of the unit known to them so it just comes out fine.

Movies, etc -- All the rest come out at 100% of screen size. I own around a dozen UMD movies/box sets for the system I've picked up on the cheap. Discs that don't seem to go over 2hr10min of stuff on them have DVD clarity throughout the entire package in both audio and video. Things that go over in size like Pirates of the Caribbean though do get some minor color dispersion and squarish speckling like you'd see in compressed video, but it's light, not horrible...but exists.

Overall I call it a very valuable tool to have because it allows me to play the games and they output at level I'd call PS2 quality over a component cable (which I used to have so I can compare) and 90% of the movies look absolutely fantastic.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone needs a hacker to make tv output up to your standards, your priorities are sadly out of check.

Read my post, it's worth it if you can grab one for like $10.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony has stated that ANYTHING that worked with the 2000 will work with the 3000, save for a minor power cable conflict (I think it was in regards to a 3000 power cable working on a 2000 PSP).

Also, sorry, but FuSa SD is crap. I'm sorry, but I want to play my PSP games at full speed, thank you very much.

scooochie4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
student.dcu.ie
XP
Country
Sir VG said:
Also, sorry, but FuSa SD is crap. I'm sorry, but I want to play my PSP games at full speed, thank you very much.

FuSa SD is the ONLY way to play games on tv over composite connection. So in that case, it wins. And it is fullspeed for some games. Plus, its nice to stick it to those sony a*^holes who decided that composite gamers can't play games on tv

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scooochie4 said:
Sir VG said:

FuSa SD is the ONLY way to play games on tv over composite connection. So in that case, it wins. And it is fullspeed for some games. Plus, its nice to stick it to those sony a*^holes who decided that composite gamers can't play games on tv

PSP-3000 > RemoteJoy >>>> FuSa SD.

If you have to use a PSP-2000 for playing games, then use Remote Joy which I think has much better performance.

However, PSP-3000 has interlaced out, so thus it wins. And don't give me the "it can't use CFW". From what I'm seeing lately on PSP sites, I think they're on the verge of cracking the new PSP motherboards...so they'll get it soon. They've already found a game exploit (much like how GTA was for the PSP-1000s).

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Remote Joy only works when connecting to a PC doesn't it?

True, but that's what S-Video out is for.
tongue.gif

But yeah, it's not completely convenient, but I had better results with that then with FuSa SD.

QUOTEthere is no point anyway psp games look like crap on a big tv with a small letterbox i hardly use mine for that reason.

Two words: Speed Runs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol