Hardware Sony: Nintendo Shouldn't Bash 3D Glasses

D

Deleted-188346

Vampire Hunter D said:
Dookieman said:
Sony is a large group of retards that doesn't know what the user wants. Of course we are going to prefer no glasses.
A couple hundred and a half million PS1, PS2, and PS3's and other over 50M PSPs say otherwise you tool.
Considering that Sony does not make videogames, people generally purchase the Sony consoles due to the exclusive games that they offer.
Regarding price, marketing, hardware, and near all of Sonys decisions in the gaming department, they have failed time and time again. They have made good decisions regarding game licenses, however.

The most amusing thing in my opinion is that when a game is on both the 360 and the PS3, the 360 version is always superior with graphics and loading times. Now, I personally dislike Microsoft, but it is still amusing, as most people assumed the PS3 would have drastically superior graphics to the 360.

Back on topic, Sony is obviously waking up to their own bad business decisions. Never thought I'd see the day that they would grovel to Nintendo. xD

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mercluke said:
DiscostewSM said:
I'm sure I've seen something like that with a Sony product, of some middle-age woman (and another guy) shooting things with invisible guns and making sound effects. I wish I could find that video.
i believe that was a 360 ad audition..

*video*
blink.gif

wtf.gif

rofl.gif

That's like having an Avengers sequel 2 decades later with the same actors
rofl.gif

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
DiscostewSM said:
I'm sure I've seen something like that with a Sony product, of some middle-age woman (and another guy) shooting things with invisible guns and making sound effects. I wish I could find that video.
i believe that was a 360 ad audition..

You just made my day, though I was wrong about it being from Sony, which is probably why I couldn't find it in the first place.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
Nintendo, dont do it.

Its a trap!

yeaaahp, of course they wont, or everybody will lose repect for them.

ofc it is a trap
smile.gif
remember how sony stole the CD consol idea from nintendo

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
Vampire Hunter D said:
Dookieman said:
Sony is a large group of retards that doesn't know what the user wants. Of course we are going to prefer no glasses.
A couple hundred and a half million PS1, PS2, and PS3's and other over 50M PSPs say otherwise you tool.
Considering that Sony does not make videogames, people generally purchase the Sony consoles due to the exclusive games that they offer.
Regarding price, marketing, hardware, and near all of Sonys decisions in the gaming department, they have failed time and time again. They have made good decisions regarding game licenses, however.

The most amusing thing in my opinion is that when a game is on both the 360 and the PS3, the 360 version is always superior with graphics and loading times. Now, I personally dislike Microsoft, but it is still amusing, as most people assumed the PS3 would have drastically superior graphics to the 360.

Back on topic, Sony is obviously waking up to their own bad business decisions. Never thought I'd see the day that they would grovel to Nintendo. xD

Sony kind of does in a way make their own games in the same way that Retro makes Nintendo games. Sony owns a good many studios in various places around the world and crank out some very stellar first party games from all ages stuff (LBP) to the more serious (GT), to the gory/mature (GOW.) Nintendo themselves in a sense don't make their own games either considering it's company divisions that stand on their own with their own budget like EAD or outside offices like Retro. You're grabbing at straws with that one. As far as failing nearly all the time with their price, marketing, hardware, etc...bullshit on you. PS3 was overpriced and depending how you see it so was the PSP but that's a bit more tenuous, yet the PS1, PS1mini w/LCD(or not), PS2 and it's slim were never overpriced. While until this gen their hardware has been more fail prone, it hasn't been atrociously bad, nothing to the level the 360 graces us with. You seem to have some personal bone to pick trying to twist history to your needs yet toss a bone in there with some good franchises being done.

Either way they are waking up to making a bad move which really was going the stupid expensive way of stuff with the 3d glasses and those thousands of dollars costing tv sets most have no interest in yet, then again few had interest in blu-ray either 2-3years ago and now the players, burners, and media (empty or with stuff) is cheap.

And you know it's not amusing that the well superior PS3 gets the normally shittier copy of the port titles. But, the valid reason here is lazy third party efforts and starting the games on the platform out longest with the slightly bigger base and going one build instead of two. When someone works with 2 builds, or starts on PS3 the PS3 game every damn time stands out superior, FF13 is a good example lately, but then you get lazies and tards like SEGA who mucked up Bayonetta so badly anyone with both systems would be stupid to buy it at all on the PS3. The system is graphically superior and can do more, but when the 3rd party takes the cheapass route or the low road then the PS3 owner gets boned, but when the companies do the right thing and make 2 builds or port from PS3 to 360 (oddly it's easier than the other way around, dunno why I didn't ask when I had it explained to me) stuff turns out well. PS3 games on both can have the lower load times, given the game has the HDD install option, otherwise forget it as the BR drive is slower than the DVD of the 360.

relski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i sense 3d glasses...
with the brand SONY on it...
bundled with 3d games and 3d TVs...
for another profit of theirs...
tpi.gif

meh just fooling around
i think they expect a decrease in sales on their products so they came up with the saying, "Yo ninty, i think you have what i think, why don't we team up?"

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vampire Hunter D said:
And you know it's not amusing that the well superior PS3 gets the normally shittier copy of the port titles.

Actually, it kind of is. That only proves that the PS3 didn't really need all that massive processing power, and possibly not even that stupid Blu-Ray drive they shoved in there. The 360 gives a decent, similar performance on much less... and Microsoft didn't have to sell it a loss of hundreds of dollars per unit for years and years, lol.

What I don't like about Sony and the PS3 is that they're mostly using it as a vehicle to push their overpriced technology on the market before it's actually cheap enough for most people to afford. First it was Blu-Ray, and now they're trying to push their shitty 3DTVs on people. They don't even seem to give a crap that the PS3 is a gaming console, and its primary purpose is to play games... not to sell other Sony shit.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh bitter Megatron that was a couple foolish statements. The Bluray has been in the recent half of its current life a boon to people who want a solid bluray player, makes a good excuse factor to rationalize a PS3. Also that added storage allows for better clarity and crispness in games as seen with the two versions of FF13. And to your comment it didn't need that level of push, a few games like Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, and so on would have had to been dumbed down a little for the 360 so it's justified.

And you're wrong, MS had been selling the 360 at a considerable loss of a couple hundred bucks or so out of the gate, they just rounded the corner to profit a lot faster than Sony as they were bleeding even more money each unit they sold. They're not blameless as they played the same ignorant sales loss game to get higher end hardware out at the time. Sony has always cared about their systems doing games, they just don't advertise it blatantly as much as it's a known fact. As with in the 80s and through much of the 90s when people said 'video games' the random dude would use the word 'Nintendo' as they more so since that gap related Playstation=games. It's known if they have a console out there in marketing terms it does games, so they do the roundabout crap to tout up the other features. They did it grossly so last generation making the huge deal about the online/hardware FF11 package, and even more so back when the PS2 came out and well into the life how it doubled as a solid high end yet cheap built in DVD movie player. (Hmm sounds familiar, high end touted built in blu-ray movie player.)

You're seeing demons where there are none and looking to excuse away stuff that isn't as bad as it seems. I know this is a predominantly popular with the Nintendo fan base boards, and I appreciate it for that as it's hard to find, but making angry opinion based claims isn't helping anything.

creep01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SONY's just upset cuz their sales will plummet as soon as the 3DS is released
tough luck sony!

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
Actually, it kind of is. That only proves that the PS3 didn't really need all that massive processing power, and possibly not even that stupid Blu-Ray drive they shoved in there. The 360 gives a decent, similar performance on much less... and Microsoft didn't have to sell it a loss of hundreds of dollars per unit for years and years, lol.

the hell is this logic. the fact that ps3 still has that overhead means it has so much more potential. its seen by multiplats that were originally designed for ps3 first (ffxiii) and i doubt the 360 has the power to process large battles as seen in a game like MAG where its possible to get into 128vs128

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Jul 3 2010, 04:46 AM) What I don't like about Sony and the PS3 is that they're mostly using it as a vehicle to push their overpriced technology on the market before it's actually cheap enough for most people to afford. First it was Blu-Ray, and now they're trying to push their shitty 3DTVs on people. They don't even seem to give a crap that the PS3 is a gaming console, and its primary purpose is to play games... not to sell other Sony shit.

someone's got to back and push technology otherwise it wouldn't be advancing as fast as it is. CD's were a great idea, however at around $50 a disc at time of launch, no one adopted it, back it enough and it will be the new industry standard. blu-ray is pretty much a standard item in home theatres these days. 3d is going to be in everyone's home soon enough whether they buy a new tv purely for 3d or just a new LED tv.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cermage I think the ultimate issue here is that this is a Nintendo centric board and secondarily it has a decent pile of 360 fanboys/xboxlive followers too at least from those random polls I've seen over the last few years. Sony gets the least respect around here so coming across irrational people with false arguments based on flawed opinion is all too common. You just got to pick certain fights and go with it, this would be one of them.

D

Deleted-188346

Vampire Hunter D said:
Sony gets the least respect around here so coming across irrational people with false arguments based on flawed opinion is all too common.
Actually, no. These people, and I, simply do not agree with you.

It looks like a Sony fanboy is angry.
Your opinion is no more factual than mine.
And, I don't have any agenda against Sony, as I have a PS2, a PSP, and I owned a PS1 in the past.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Cermage I think the ultimate issue here is that this is a Nintendo centric board and secondarily it has a decent pile of 360 fanboys/xboxlive followers too at least from those random polls I've seen over the last few years. Sony gets the least respect around here so coming across irrational people with false arguments based on flawed opinion is all too common. You just got to pick certain fights and go with it, this would be one of them.
seeing all these threads, and then reading the responses
there is just too many ignorant nintendo fanboys to deal with

if you try to prove them wrong, you just get called a sony fanboy
Ive been just trying to stay away from these threads

and some members are purposely creating these types of threads just to cause trouble

im getting real tired of the single minded nintendo fanboys around here...
closedeyes.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Midna said:
I don't understand why people are calling the 3DS a PSP copy. The analog stick? It's not like Sony invented that. Not even close. Even Atari had it first. And the slide pad looks highly superiour to the PSP's tiny analog nub. The wide screen? So if a handheld has a wide screen, it's a PSP ripoff? Um, no. I don't see where you guys are coming from, especially when the 3ds has so many features that the PSP does not. Whatever.
Edit: I wrote this because I misunderstood somebody's post as saying that. Whoops.

And yes, Sony is a bunch of whining hypocrytical prats.

The 3DS's slide pad looks like a rip off of the Open Pandora's nubs..

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm...Let's see, an Improved SNES running on CDs, that sounds familiar...
OH YEAH THE PS1!
If Nintendo joined Sony for the 3DS then the contract will be broken off again and Sony will have the 3DS in their hands, and a device so epic as that should not be placed in the hands of evil which will boost the price to double what Nintendo intended.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.