• Start date
  • Views 5,614
  • Replies 70
D

Deleted User

OP
3DS-It-Prints-Money.gif

-Andriasang Source

You know what the press thinks about NGP. You know what investors think about NGP. You'll soon know what Alex thinks about NGP (he didn't get to play it or anything, but I'll have his impressions from the PlayStation Meeting press conference up in a bit).

Now let's see what Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata thinks about Sony's new portable!

Nintendo held the Tokyo version of quarterly earnings briefing today (following the Osaka version yesterday -- see here for a few bits from that). According to Bloomberg, Iwata said of Sony and the NGP, "They're trying to appeal to customers from a different direction than us. The customers will decide which is correct."

Iwata was also asked about the measures Nintendo will be taking to combat the NGP. "Nintendo is not the kind of company that thinks about how we oppose other company's product," replied Iwata.

Nintendo's 3DS system will be launching on February 26. Preorders kicked off last week and pretty much instantly disappeared. Iwata told journalists at the briefing that preorders are going well. At the same time, however, he emphasized the importance of continued sales rather than a "rocket start."

Iwata also touched upon some firmware plans for the 3DS. Nintendo will be updating the system's firmware at the end of May to beef up its wireless functionality, he revealed. This firmware update will also make it so that current DS owners can transfer their internal software over to the 3DS.

Bloomberg was able to get some one-on-one time with Iwata back on the 9th and decided to ask him a question we're sure he loves getting every quarter: any plans to offer original titles on non-Nintendo hardware? Iwata's response was "So long as I am CEO, it definitely will not happen.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Meh....people talk about peace in the world and yet we see wars between "electronics". Though harmless, one can't be sure.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From a sales point of view 3DS will probably come on top if Sony's NGP is a high price tag.

Businesses only care about sales and profit, If 3D attracts customers in the outside world, nintendo will be very happy.

D

Deleted User

OP
8BitWalugi said:
God how many times has that GIF been edited...
Who knows...

Anyways, the 3DS's high price is a bit of a downfall for Ninty here in Europe, so maybe the NGP will have the better cards this time- 2.5x more pixels yet longer battery life than the 3DS? I mean come on, Nintendo. You can do better than that!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
tigris said:
"They're trying to appeal to customers from a different direction than us. The customers will decide which is correct."
Them's fighting words, right there.

"We are taking our consoles in different directions. Only one of them is correct. The other is dead wrong. Let's see which one is which."

"Protip: ours is the right one."

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
3DS will sell the most, unless it kills people or something that is.
NGP will probably still be the better console (IMO) though, and (IMO) PSP was the better of the two.

The thing is, kids under 10, adults over 40, most girls don't care about sony's market and 3DS appeals more to them.
Well not sure about this time, sure rich parents can afford to buy each of their kids a 3DS at £200-230 a console but majority can't.
Apparently U.S gets cheap 3DSes and EUR pays for them with overpriced 3DSes.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have never and will not buy a Sony console in my life after SCEA v. Hotz. Honestly, I don't want to spendy money on something that I don't actually own after I buy it.

Boycott Sony!
What Sony's doing is just unethical and fascist.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
3DS will sell the most, unless it kills people or something that is.
NGP will probably still be the better console (IMO) though, and (IMO) PSP was the better of the two.

The thing is, kids under 10, adults over 40, most girls don't care about sony's market and 3DS appeals more to them.
Well not sure about this time, sure rich parents can afford to buy each of their kids a 3DS at £200-230 a console but majority can't.
Apparently U.S gets cheap 3DSes and EUR pays for them with overpriced 3DSes.
Yea and i got the feeling that Australia will be stuck picking up the rest of the difference
angry.gif

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
The only advantage that the 3DS seems to have over the NGP is 3D and the Nintendo original franchises.
The NGP has it beaten in all the other areas, even battery life(supposedly).
This is gonna be a close one, if both the companies play their cards right.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mr.Mysterio said:
The only advantage that the 3DS seems to have over the NGP is 3D and the Nintendo original franchises.
The NGP has it beaten in all the other areas, even battery life(supposedly).
This is gonna be a close one, if both the companies play their cards right.
To have a shot Sony has to start advertising right now.
If they advertised later this year a lot of customers would have a 3DS already and most people can't afford both handhelds.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
-Andriasang Source

Nintendo held the Tokyo version of quarterly earnings briefing today (following the Osaka version yesterday -- see here for a few bits from that). According to Bloomberg, Iwata said of Sony and the NGP, "They're trying to appeal to customers from a different direction than us. The customers will decide which is correct." As a consumer I know I will decide against the NGP.

Iwata was also asked about the measures Nintendo will be taking to combat the NGP. "Nintendo is not the kind of company that thinks about how we oppose other company's product," replied Iwata. Bolded statement is bullshit. They are still cutthroats, it's just that Sony is the more vocal of the two.

Nintendo's 3DS system will be launching on February 26. Preorders kicked off last week and pretty much instantly disappeared. Iwata told journalists at the briefing that preorders are going well. At the same time, however, he emphasized the importance of continued sales rather than a "rocket start." What the fuck does "Instantly disappeared" mean? The amount of systems available for pre-orders, or did they stop completely (eg. no more).

Bloomberg was able to get some one-on-one time with Iwata back on the 9th and decided to ask him a question we're sure he loves getting every quarter: any plans to offer original titles on non-Nintendo hardware? Iwata's response was "So long as I am CEO, it definitely will not happen.

Good for them, that would make Nintendo hardware less appealing.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how the PSP2 will actually succeed. It's like they're marketing another PS3 or something.

Also, I doubt it will have the same battery life as the 3DS.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Slyakin said:
I don't see how the PSP2 will actually succeed. It's like they're marketing another PS3 or something.

They say it'll have the same as PSP 3000, 4~6 hours.

3DS have 3~5 hours.

Both are shitty.

EDIT: PSP was succesfull, I don't see how this will not be succesfull too, if it have good thirdies support.
Of course it'll sell less than 3DS, though... if you sell a piece of crap with the name Nintendo, it'll be appealing for Nintendo fanbase.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:

3DS have 3~5 hours.

Both are shitty.
But... HOW is that possible?

The PSP2 has quad-core, two touch screens, 3G and Wi-Fi, and too much processing power. That's NOT possible in my opinion.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Slyakin said:
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:

3DS have 3~5 hours.

Both are shitty.
But... HOW is that possible?

The PSP2 has quad-core, two touch screens, 3G and Wi-Fi, and too much processing power. That's NOT possible in my opinion.
UMD was the biggest problem on the PSP. Now they're going on the same way as Nintendo, using cartridges.
The quad archteture isn't that power hungry. The Wi-fi is, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==