Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Discord said:
Odds are that Sony has little to no real interaction with the company, especially on a security level, they merely own the ISP. I wouldn't be comparing this to PSN at all.

Oh god this. I agree 100%, I don't get why everyone is claiming "Oh jesus Sony you fail again and again blah blah blah" Chances are Sony bought it, then let them continue doing whatever it is they were doing. It's their fault for not having security, not Sony's.

And you can call me a Sony fanboy if you want, but honestly I haven't cared about Sony since the PS2.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
Lol, but everyone think of it its Geohot his fault he must not give the ps3 key, thanks to him everyone have lose there creditcard documents passwords etc. And i know maybe someone else maybe have released the key but maybe it while be waiting much longer before that other guy while get the ps3 keyThis has nothing to do with the keys.

QUOTE(shadowmanwkp @ May 20 2011, 06:57 PM) The hackers used custom firmware to hack into PSN.
Where did you get this info?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanwkp said:
It is not independent from the security breach. The hackers used custom firmware to hack into PSN. Geohot's keys allowed CFW's to be made, so he has some involvement in this.

I give up on life. You and that other guy do not know what you are talking about. Yeah, and how was the SOE's servers breached by CFW when the PS3 and SOE has almost no affiliation other than both of them can be connected to a network? Just because it was PSN related doesn't imply a CFW did this. If you had read anything, you would of known how the server was vulnerable and how it was taken advantage of. Then you would of seen that this was most likely not, and definitely not the only possibility, CFW.

--
Edit: On further note, I should probably log out of GBAtemp and cool down.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone really hates sony....
Its kinda cute really
moogle.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
omgpwn666 said:
These hackers are obviously so good that if they had a beef with Microsoft they could bend them over, too.
Either that or Sony's security is so bad.

Saying the security is so bad is too convenient of an excuse for us. I think the hackers mite be bad ass, especially since I heard PSN security updated between all that down time.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
You might be surprised how easy it is to make a security mistake that would let an average hacker in.

At my university, I was working on a computer that had obvious malware problems. Logging into the local account: reception, a lot of actions were restricted and because of this things like a certain antivirus and malwarebytes couldn't delete certain malicious coding. From this restricted local account, I was able to 'manage' computer, view the list of local accounts, and found an unprotected administrator account. From there, I had access to do so many things including bumping up privileges of the reception account and mess with so many settings. It took me about 3 minutes to find this security flaw, and if utilized correctly, could have been used for potential damage and this is a University of California. As for a reception desk, I could have disabled security, installed keyloggers and data miners, and it all would have been so easy to do so.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
rydian it was said that the firmware was made to become a debug firmware and PSN was accessed without real identities such as a real credit cardThat's the rumor.

QUOTE(shakirmoledina @ May 21 2011, 05:16 AM) and hence other info was then hacked therein
Does not follow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill