Sonic the hedgehog 4 priced and dated

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
According to this link from IGN, Sonic 4 will be out as soon as next week. Here’s the breakdown of the prices and release dates for each console:
iPhone on October 7th ( Across all territories. No price mentioned as of yet.)
Wii Shop Channel on October 11th (15th in EMEA countries) for 1500 points.
PlayStation Network on October 12th (13th in EMEA countries) for $14.99 / £9.99 / €12.99 / AU$19.95
XBOX Live Arcade on October 13th (across all territories) for 1200 points.
source
finaly!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Far too pricey for my liking. The only game I would consider paying that much is Retro City Rampage, which looks to be actually worth that price. There's only three zones so wouldn't take much time to finish it seeing that Sonic 3 probably only took a couple of hours (if that, and not even on speed run) to finish with 6 zones and that game was more than just a "press one direction and jump a bit".

You've got games like Cave Story which costs less and takes a lot longer to finish, shit even though its free on PC I'd pay full price for that game. Even Shantae DSiWare costs a little less but at least its a full game.

I'm sure a lot of people wont have a problem paying that much, though if they have PS3/360 and a HD TV then they should get those versions. For me, this is just a retread, don't quite consider it a true sequel to be honest just Sonic 2.5. Mega Man 9/10 were pretty much retreads too but at least they had a decent price and were a challenge.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was hoping more around the £6.99 - £7.99 mark. I'll probably still get it though seeing as it is Sonic!
tongue.gif

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
could this be the sonic game that will finally get a good score from game reviewers? I hope so cause I've seen sonic gone down the drain over the years and its been really funny.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of Course its gonna be high price cause the Fuckin Sonic Noobs Were complaining about the Damn Graphics
and it wasnt gonna be that good so they freakin boycotted the release and bought Sonic 1 instead

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ripandsip said:
could this be the sonic game that will finally get a good score from game reviewers? I hope so cause I've seen sonic gone down the drain over the years and its been really funny.
Screw what the reviewers say, the fans will likely not be pleased.
GREEN EYES.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it depends how many zones are included in the first episode. Until I know that, I consider the price to be ridiculous. Given SEGA's previous output for the Sonic franchise, they should be paying us to play.

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xale said:
what was that? free? thats just right up my alley
I Lol'd.
No seriously though, this may be the ONE game I don't use alternative methods to get, Just for the sake of Sega. And I mean, the price isn't THAT far out there. They could've put it at 20 or even 25, cause lords knows people would still buy it. I think 15 dollars, for 3 zones [or is it 4, I thought there were 4 zones], with three acts each, is pretty decent. Then there's the re-runs for chaos emeralds, and speed runs for the sake of speed runs. You guys are missing the big selling point here, and that's re-playability.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
I suppose it depends how many zones are included in the first episode...QUOTE(Gaydrian @ Sep 28 2010, 05:49 PM) ...There's only three zones...
4 zones with 3 acts and 1 Boss each.

That`s pretty pricey but the game does look pretty good and for me Sonic-games always have a great replay-value, since it reminds me of parcour and therefor with every time you play you get better and also see different layers of the level. Still 1000Points should have been enough imo.

Nice, that we`ll get to play it in a few days
wink.gif
I for one can`t wait to get my hands on it, since I think the game looks pretty classic
biggrin.gif

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not buying an episodic Sonic game.

Kiss my ass $ega. I used to love you. Remember when you were cool Sega? You know, back when you were fighting the evil tyranny of Sony with the remarkable Dreamcast system? Those were some good times. What happened to you man? You used to be cool. Now you're a fucking sell out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended