Gaming Sonic Rivals 2

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have both Sonic Rivals 1 and 2 and i bet both games 100% and unlocked all costumes but it took me a lot of work, about 2 months ago i updated the firmware of my PSP without knowing about the save issues, now some game can't load the save files anymore and instead it gives me "corrupted file" message, i have backed them up some time ago but still same problem, i tried goggling other save files but nothing worked except one for Sonic Rivals but it's 30% finished, i was hoping of someone can help me, thank you!

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]
Wait... what do you need?

well i was hoping if someone has the save files for both Sonic Rivals games 100% beaten "all costumes and cards unlocked" using a new firmware, or help me get my old save files to work, i would totally appreciate it!

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CrashmanX said:
www.Gamefaqs.com

they have lots of save files.

i tried that but none of Sonic Rivals 2 worked on my new firmware and only one file worked in Sonic Rivals 1 but it's 50% complete, i can complete that one but i really need Sonic Rivals 2!

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
I have made 2 cheats to unlock the entire Story of all characters and unlock all costumes for Sonic Rivals 2. There is also an existing cheat to unlock all the cards. If you have custom firmware you can either grab the cheats from the GBAtemp cheat forum or download them from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/PSP/temp/cheats.zip.

Hope these help you with creating a completed save game for Sonic Rivals 2!

EDIT: Added codes for Sonic Rivals 1 and power-up codes for Sonic Rivals 2.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raing3 said:

Yeah, a non-legit one
smileipb2.png

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
raing3 said:
I have made 2 cheats to unlock the entire Story of all characters and unlock all costumes for Sonic Rivals 2. There is also an existing cheat to unlock all the cards. If you have custom firmware you can either grab the cheats from the GBAtemp cheat forum or download them from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/PSP/temp/cheats.zip.

EDIT: Added codes for Sonic Rivals 1 and power-up codes for Sonic Rivals 2.

thanks man, this can help me big time but how do i activate the save files? sorry i'm kind of a noob in using cheats on PSP!

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CrashmanX said:
sonictopfan said:
thanks man, this can help me big time but how do i activate the save files? sorry i'm kind of a noob in using cheats on PSP!

You dont have Custom Firmware do you?

well i'm using ISOs with a modefied PSP if that's what you meant!

i used to have an older firmware but after i upgraded it i lost my old save files, now i had to start all over...

QUOTE(xist @ Apr 4 2010, 07:40 PM)
It doesn't matter! Any PSP can use save files!!!

not mine, it used to run save files with my old firmware, now that i updated it it only ran one save file with 50% of the game finished!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's because you upgraded. If you update a firmware by a biggish leap, the best way to ensure later compatibility of saves is to create decrypted saves on that original firmware using Savegame Deemer, update to the later firmware, then re-encrypt those saves.

It's an issue you've created by the firmware change.

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
That's because you upgraded. If you update a firmware by a biggish leap, the best way to ensure later compatibility of saves is to create decrypted saves on that original firmware using Savegame Deemer, update to the later firmware, then re-encrypt those saves.

It's an issue you've created by the firmware change.

well is there a way to use my old save files with this "Savegame Deemer" to convert the saves?

edit: just tried Savegame Deemer and it didn't load my old save file, i really need help in this
cry.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You reflash the original firmware you were using when you originally played the game. You enable savegame deemer so you can make decrypted saves. You start the game load your old save, then resave when save game deemer is enabled. Then you reflash the updated firmware you want, start the game and make a save, then switch the data from the decrypted old firmware save into that new folder which was created, reload the game ensuring deemer is still active, then make a normal save.

I haven't done it in absolutely ages but it's more or less that.

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
You reflash the original firmware you were using when you originally played the game. You enable savegame deemer so you can make decrypted saves. You start the game load your old save, then resave when save game deemer is enabled. Then you reflash the updated firmware you want, start the game and make a save, then switch the data from the decrypted old firmware save into that new folder which was created, reload the game ensuring deemer is still active, then make a normal save.

I haven't done it in absolutely ages but it's more or less that.

i don't wanna risk my sister's PSP, anyway i got everything in Sonic Rivals 1 now except i still need 5 cards and their costumes, but i still need to work on Sonic Rivals 2, oh well...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
WHat do you mean by "risk my sister's PSP"? Presumably you flashed before to get your current issue as there's no reason for official saves to not work (save game incompatibility has to do with the decryption I believe). Heck now you're on 6.20OFW and therefore need a Pandora (assuming your PSP is pandorable) to get CFW and that method is brick-proof as if you brick you can just re-flash and all you lose is settings.

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
WHat do you mean by "risk my sister's PSP"? Presumably you flashed before to get your current issue as there's no reason for official saves to not work (save game incompatibility has to do with the decryption I believe). Heck now you're on 6.20OFW and therefore need a Pandora (assuming your PSP is pandorable) to get CFW and that method is brick-proof as if you brick you can just re-flash and all you lose is settings.

i know but i didn't mod it myself, i took it to the store, they do it at stores here, when it comes to hacking i'm a noob, but they modded it for me and when i wanted to ugrade they did it for me as well without telling me that i will lose all my save data!

edit: never mind, i got the cheat codes to work fine, now i'm good to go, thank you all for the help, this topic can be closed now!

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
In order to use CWCheat you need Custom Firmware. On OFW I don't think there's any way other than Action Replay.

thanks i got it working
happy.gif

QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 5 2010, 05:35 PM) I believe this is what you are looking for...

http://forums.pspslimhacks.com/homebrew/53...vegame-fix.html

extract and copy contents to your psp/Game folder on your mem stick then run the program on your psp..

this should then fix your corrupted save files permanently.

thank you and sorry for the trouble, i got CWCHEAT to work now and it works like a charm
happy.gif
thank you all for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN7KP713/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=23d6e13e...