A man of weird taste it seems!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
"WIP" "WORK IN PROGRESS"

https://github.com/SaturnSH2x2/RSDKv5-Decompilation

To install this you need to own a copy of sonic mania a pc with Windows/Linux or a Mac and follow the github instruction to compile it.

Don't forget to use your own legit copy of Sonic Mania for legal purpose!

"Btw you can use any version of Sonic Mania"

Showcase:

Last edited by DodgyJudge,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DodgyJudge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I think the thread title is misleading. The game engine has been decompiled, but there is no 3DS port. You can only compile the engine for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and Switch right now. Somebody will probably release a 3DS version eventually, but it doesn't exist yet.
Man i got it running on my 3ds idk what the fuck your talking about you can even see the video showcasing it lol...

Solid One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it New 3DS exclusive? Mine is an Old 3DS, and I'm interested in testing it on my device.

What about loading times, is it only me, or it's taking a long time to load menus even for a New 3DS?

And what about sound? Is it not working for now, or was it your device that was muted?

Reactions: Tarmfot

SpanishFreddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is it New 3DS exclusive? Mine is an Old 3DS, and I'm interested in testing it on my device.

What about loading times, is it only me, or it's taking a long time to load menus even for a New 3DS?

And what about sound? Is it not working for now, or was it your device that was muted?
at the moment, Its only for new 3ds/2ds, and yes, the load thimes are very long, the sound, i dont know why doesnt work

Last edited by SpanishFreddy,
Reactions: Tarmfot

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Algo como: smdc:/3ds/sonicmania/data.rsdk , smdc:/3ds/sonicmania/archivements and /data/objects/static y más, pero tengo todos los archivos!!!
I've had this same issue before when compiling it. You need to go into Game.h in the Sonic-Mania-Decompilation repository and change RSDK_USE_MOD_LOADER to 0. This'll get it to run.

DodgyJudge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Sometimes it's good to be wrong. :) The GitHub page just doesn't mention 3DS at all, and your initial post didn't have a video at the time, either.
Well it do mention it btw so idk you may just have missed it but yet it is still early but very nice. Yes and i put a video to prevent this sort of confusion too and to showcase the early build no sound yet unfortunely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank goodness for VPN nowadays
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Thank goodness for VPN nowadays