Gaming Sonic Generations

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, So I just got this game for PC graphics are alright (could be a tad better with the effects). So is Sonic Generations (PC) the exact same on the 3DS, or are they different game play? (is it just ported over)

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
PC if you want more levels, and levels that last longer than 3 minutes
3DS if you're a rabid sonic fan who doesn't mind playing 100 missions for sonic collectables

still, I'd recommend PC

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
It's pretty crap on 3DS. I regret buying it. Dunno what possessed me, I've hated all the games that came after Sonic Heroes.

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I'm gonna pass on this. I got a $10 discount i'll see what other games I can purchase. So far i got the usual common ones Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil, Zelda OOT. Saw Mario Kart 7 but I know i'll get bored of it fast as I usually do with these "sport" games.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I would say the 3DS version is a rental at best. And the PC version is best played with some kinda controller (preferably a 360 controller)
You can also just get a cheap usb dualshock clone... the logitech dual action is something like $20, and I think there's a wireless bluetooth version for $25 or $30 (in case you want a dedicated pc controller, or don't have an xbox or ps3 controller to spare)

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic Generations on 3DS is a good game but not worth full price, if you see it cheap it's worth piking up. There's no 3D sections, it;s all 2D gameplay even for the "Modern Sonic" stages but they are a good selection and the replayability is ok. If you liked any of the Rush games or Colours on DS then you will definitely like it.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm gonna pass on this. I got a $10 discount i'll see what other games I can purchase. So far i got the usual common ones Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil, Zelda OOT. Saw Mario Kart 7 but I know i'll get bored of it fast as I usually do with these "racing" games.

FIXd NAZI! AWAY!
But yeah Gens is basically Rush 3DS, it plays just like all the DS titles (except brotherhood) and its really not fun, its kind of insulting to redo the game on the 3DS when the system could have easily handled the console version (just not all HD and stuff).

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
its kind of insulting to redo the game on the 3DS when the system could have easily handled the console version (just not all HD and stuff).
Agreed. That really pisses me off. Sega's next move for the 3DS (Sonic 4: Episode II) shows no signs of 3D gameplay, either. -_-

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sonic Generations 3DS ended up being a let-down of extremely rushed design and cheap DIMPS level design.
It got to the point that classic Sonic's first levels are lifted straight from the genesis originals and then he gets a homing attack. As though they don't know how to design levels without it.

Not to mention a very large chunk of the game is locked out for the sake of streetpass. The 100 missions can either by streetpass hits or your playcoins, at 5 coins a mission, Seeing as Streetpass Mii Plaza may be asking for a LOT of your playcoins this is annoying as hell, it's artificially lengthening the gameplay.
There's practically no content compared to say, Sonic Rush Adventure.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What you did there, I see it.
I did no such thing, it is a rushed game.
Sonic Rush/Adventure ironically were not.

Also, my favourite thing about the 3DS version.
They did one minor change to the story, Sonic arrives at his surprise party early, and so does Time Eater.
You know what that means? None of his friends show up at all! Talk about cutting corners!

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I did no such thing, it is a rushed game.
Sonic Rush/Adventure ironically were not.

Also, my favourite thing about the 3DS version.
They did one minor change to the story, Sonic arrives at his surprise party early, and so does Time Eater.
You know what that means? None of his friends show up at all! Talk about cutting corners!
Sheesh. lol.

I'm glad I waited so long to decide whether to buy it. Now after all this, I know it's not worth it. I'm getting an XBox in a week, so I'll just pick up a copy of the console version. :)

Thanks for rescuing me from such a disaster :P

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's pretty crap on 3DS. I regret buying it. Dunno what possessed me, I've hated all the games that came after Sonic Heroes.
Well myself I don't think it's total crap, but it is sure short and how the story is told is very basic. The 3D experience is great and the levels are fun to master.

Pip'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr