Sonic Boom 3DS Demo Available Now!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Nov 6, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]

• 944 blocks required.
    • Playable eight times in total.

VKazuo likes this.
  2. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    It was OK, seemed more enjoyable than Lost World 3DS.

3. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Welp, that was bad.

Just from the first stage it dragged for way too long (12 minutes!) without anything interesting to do, Sonic was really slow (even when running) and the music sounds fucking awful.

Sonic Boom is going to be a piece of shit whether on the 3DS or the Wii U.

Neo Draven likes this.
  4. zero2exe

zero2exe GBAtemp Fan

Jun 23, 2012
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Tried it already. If the full game features as extensive stages as the one in the demo then I think we could be back to the sonic 3 concept having several routes and hidden stuff everywhere which is a nice touch. However Sonic itself just doesn't feel "right" I mean he doesn't move nearly as fast and smoothly as in previous 2D games, I can understand the whole slowdown thing as the stage requires some thinking rather than mindlessly rushing through it but it feels really awkward to control him especially in the air it's like you don't have that much freedom in there anymore.

5. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Lets just get this out the way first. The game runs really poorly. On all 3 playable stages, the game feels sluggish and it looks awful and not smooth at all.

The platforming stage = Good length, it was pretty big and i did enjoy the platforming. Biggest issue with the stage is it felt very sluggish and I dont know if thats just because it was the demo but it felt like it was running at like 10fps. However i enjoyed each character having a special like tails flying / boomerang throwing and knuckles digging.

Race stage = AWFUL. It was a joke, the speed was pathetic, i feel like i could run faster with Mario. Just a bad stage all round

3D worm stage = Enjoyed it however it was very simple, almost too simple. Also the fact you couldnt run and change lanes was kind of irratating.

Overall i thought the game was a bad but i think the one saving grace for it is that the main stage did actually have some enjoyable platforming and secrets to unlock by using the various characters. It could work as a platforming game but this is not a sonic game. There was practically no speed in any of the stages.

6. Judas18

Judas18 Queen Kunty

Jul 30, 2011
    England
    Well I thought it was a bit shit to be honest.

7. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Well, the controls didn't feel intuitive and the physics are even worse than Sonic 4's, so I'll be skipping this game.

8. NotAnAlias

NotAnAlias Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2014
    United States
    That was surprisingly worse than I thought it would be. But it's sonic, so...

9. VKazuo

VKazuo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2014
    Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
    After playing the demo, I think Sonic game have improved, but I dislike how Sonic have become as slow as other characters. In this game look like Sonic, Tails and Knuckles have became adult.
    Adult Sonic: Became as slow as other characters.
    Adult Tails: Lost Flying power, gained Floating power.
    Adult Knuckles: lost floating and climbing powers, but now he can dig.
    I have skipped a few Sonic game, this one look good to me, I'll buy it. I've only played Sonic and Knuckles (one of my first games on PC, the other is megaman x4), Sonic heroes (which is my favorite), and a sonic fighting game on gameboy (can't remember the name, but It's a good game).

10. XiTaU

XiTaU GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    the sad thing is the full game seems like it is gonna be about as short as generations and less fun but i did really enjoy generations for the short time it took to finish.

11. fischermasamune

fischermasamune GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    Well, the controls didn't feel intuitive and the physics are even worse than Sonic 4's, so I'll be skipping this game. [2]

12. EarthBound 2

EarthBound 2 Banned

Banned
    Feb 22, 2014
    Poland
    why not on wii u?