Hacking Sometimes getting "System files are corrupted"

oops_ur_dead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I go into the system menu, when the disk loads I get the message "System Files are corrupt blah blah". It only happens sometimes, usually when I click on a channel and then click Wii Menu WHILE the disk is loading. Could this be caused by scratched disks, because I noticed that the three disks I tested (which all came up with the error) are somewhat scratched. Or is my drive dying or something?
Some extra info:
Im running 4.0 (could this issue be related to 4.0?)
I have PreLoader installed with an installed DOL running before system menu.
System menu is running on patched (not DIP'd) IOS60.

D

Deleted-171178

Might be a corruption on your system menu, Ive never heard this happens with disks...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like youve installed a corrupt .wad, i had this from a Mplayer V2 forwarder channel i installed but soon swapped it for a new one and never had an error since

oops_ur_dead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely do NOT have a banner brick, and its definitely caused when the disk loads. Im wondering if anyone else has this problem.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
its not necessary corrupt sorry, some channel makers dont test their channels properly.

e.g.
Mplayer CE forwarder i learned had a sound file a few seconds to long when made making the error message pop up.

a way to test is to start on the disk channel by click on it but dont click start or wii menu instead press the plus(+) or minus(-) buttons thru the channel until the error pops up.

e.g. ur on the weather channel and pressed plus(+) then the error poped up that means its the channel after the weather channel thats faulty. but please dont go deleting all channels as u might delete the wron one by mistake( a system channel snd not a custom one).

hope it helps.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i had the same exact issue. I had a theme applied, but apparently it was missing disc images and whenever i tried to load the disc channel that message would come up because it was looking for images that didnt exist. make sure if you have a theme that you have a good one applied and not an incomplete one. Also you could have just installed a bad system menu.

Gh0sT5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My parents put on the Wii Fit Channel on my 4.1E Wii.
That let to system files being corrupt every time you go onto Wii Menu, Had to go into Maintenance Mode and delete it through that.

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming it happens when your Wii is under a little stress. It just happened to me while I was leaving the Memory card menu and entering the Channel option. I clicked the Channel before the whole section loaded, and this isn't the first time it's happened in this type of situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome