something weird just happened

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by misticknight, Nov 15, 2008.

Nov 15, 2008
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    ok so last night i was playing ToS2 via 0.3Gamma but i used the rebooter to load it from the disc channel. anyways this morning when i woke up i turned my Wii on and the disc channel already recognised that ToS2 was still inside the Wii, kinda like the rebooter had remained permanent. When i clicked start though it said "there has been a disc error please turn off the wii" or something to that effect, and i tried restarted and it wouldn't recognise the disc anymore, but still it was fascinating. wander why it happened?

something similar happened 2 weeks ago but i didn't start a topic on it, where there was a Wii disc inside (i forget if it was orignal or backup) but the disc channel read it as a gamecube game, when i loaded it it just gave me a black screen. hope there isn't something wrong with my wii lol.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    The Wii stores some stuff from the last inserted game to speed up the booting process the next time the wii is turned on. Some nintendo official said that.

3. CIJC

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    misticknight... same here, with mario kart [​IMG] it remembers its there [​IMG] (but doesnt boot [​IMG])