hyuratzu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know I know, another one of that topic :teach:
But my issue is different... Bought a new 3ds normal version, played with it, until yesterday I horribly realized that something was moving inside the console, even when lightly shaken.
Found out the problem come from the circle pad (the actual one, not the C-stick), since when I tried shaking it with the circle pad pressed in a direction the noise is gone.

Now, here's my question: is this normal or I have a bad unit? Thanks in advance to everyone!

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends on how loud the noise is and if it is affecting usage. There are a couple plastic washers in, and when you hold the analog in a direction that don't have enough room to move.

hyuratzu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That depends on how loud the noise is and if it is affecting usage. There are a couple plastic washers in, and when you hold the analog in a direction that don't have enough room to move.

It's not that loud, it's like something is sliding over something and it doesn't affect usage. It's just annoying, really. If it's common I'm going to live with it, if not I'll see. Surely sending to Nintendo is an hassle.

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is an image of what I am talking about, they do move about a bit and one is on the top side with the analog the other is against the back and the case:

gvELw.JPG

hyuratzu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here is an image of what I am talking about, they do move about a bit and one is on the top side with the analog the other is against the back and the case:

gvELw.JPG

If the silver one is not fixated in place, it could definitely be its fault. Thanks for the explanation.

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the silver one is not fixated in place, it could definitely be its fault. Thanks for the explanation.
Sorry those are both black, curse you over head lighting :glare:, and neither are "attached" to anything, they are just kinda freely sandwhiched. They are to help prevent dirt and dust from entering the inside of the analog stick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...