Something loose inside N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by hyuratzu, Mar 11, 2015.

1. hyuratzu
    OP

hyuratzu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2014
    Italy
    Moncalieri
    I know I know, another one of that topic :teach:
    But my issue is different... Bought a new 3ds normal version, played with it, until yesterday I horribly realized that something was moving inside the console, even when lightly shaken.
    Found out the problem come from the circle pad (the actual one, not the C-stick), since when I tried shaking it with the circle pad pressed in a direction the noise is gone.

Now, here's my question: is this normal or I have a bad unit? Thanks in advance to everyone!

2. Avalynn

Avalynn I'm here to help poeple out as I can.

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    That depends on how loud the noise is and if it is affecting usage. There are a couple plastic washers in, and when you hold the analog in a direction that don't have enough room to move.

3. hyuratzu
    OP

hyuratzu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2014
    Italy
    Moncalieri
    It's not that loud, it's like something is sliding over something and it doesn't affect usage. It's just annoying, really. If it's common I'm going to live with it, if not I'll see. Surely sending to Nintendo is an hassle.

4. Avalynn

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    Here is an image of what I am talking about, they do move about a bit and one is on the top side with the analog the other is against the back and the case:

[​IMG]

5. hyuratzu
    OP

hyuratzu Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2014
    Italy
    Moncalieri
    If the silver one is not fixated in place, it could definitely be its fault. Thanks for the explanation.

6. Avalynn

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    Sorry those are both black, curse you over head lighting :glare:, and neither are "attached" to anything, they are just kinda freely sandwhiched. They are to help prevent dirt and dust from entering the inside of the analog stick.