Something I've noticed....

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Weaselpipe, Mar 20, 2012.

Mar 20, 2012
  1. Weaselpipe
    OP

Member Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

United Kingdom
    My ladyfriend recently got an Ice White 3DS to replace her DSiXL. The first thing I noticed was that the opening and closing is much less 'clam-like' than my launch model Aqua Blue- it eases open and closed with a really satisfying motion (and silently, my one snaps shut like a mousetrap)

Probably because of that she has gone 3 weeks without a single mark on the top screen- using her one and going back to mine shows me just how scratched mine really is- despite the months of carefully placing a cloth between it.

So have they resolved the Top screen issue without a redesign?

2. TheDreamLord

Member TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    I don't know, when I get my Ice White, I'll report back to you and tell you. SHould be here any day now.

3. Codename

Member Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Canada
    I heard that some of the colors released after launch (such as white, pink and red) were modified slightly in a way so that the lid would shut more gently

4. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Use displex to get rid of the scratches if they bother you. (will take a good 10min of rubbin')
    I use a cut out strip of screen protector on top of the display (not covering the 3Dimage with the protector if you get what I mean) so that the start/home/select part won't make direct contact with the top screen when closed and under pressure.
    I did it just in case, not because I had that problem.

5. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    My launch Cosmo Black 3DS shuts/opens smoothly and quietly, when I compared it to my uncles aqua blue, I was like 'this thing clicks!'. o_o