Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i seems to understand that before being able to flash to LT 2.0 i need to update to the latest dashboard... problem is my 360 doesn't go online so how i'm supposed to update to the latest dashboard? would i need a copy of an XGD3 game? what happens if i flash to LT 2.0 before updating to the latest dashboard?

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two ways to do this.... first you can download the update from Microsoft xbox site and burn to a cd. Or you can download the update and put it on a thumb drive and install that way. For the thumb drive though you have to make sure it is formatted for the xbox. To do this just stick the thumdrive in the xbox go to system settings and then go tyo memory. Select your thumb drive and then format. Hope this helps. If you put in a disk with the XGD3 format and update you xbox may not recognize it so just try the other two options I listed above.

BTW make sure you flash back to stock FW before updating.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when you say "flash to stock firmware" you mean the dvd drive firmware? what happens if i don't do that before updating the dashboard? if it's just a matter of risking being flagged i really don't care since i don't use live anyway

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The dashboard update will flash your DVD drive to the new official firmware and possible flag your console. It will also change the location of where your drive key is stored and possible make it harder for you to re-flash if you don't already have your key. Did you originally flash it yourself and or do you have a backup of your keys?

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no i bought this 360 already flashed

so let's recap the best course of action would be....

- discover what kind of drive is mounted
- get my key using jungleflasher
- flash my dvd drive back to stock using jungleflasher
- update to the latest dashboard using the update found on xbox.com trough a USB key
- flash my dvd drive to LT 2.0

i don't really care about being flagged if that's the only thing i risk by not reverting to stock before updating the dashboard but if you says it's better if i run the drive trough the procedure before updating the dashboard i guess i'll do that

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, check what dashboard version you're running. If it's 12625 or lower, just update via USB to the latest dash (13604) then flash to LT 2.0. If you're on 13146 or higher, do the same thing. You don't have to flash to stock. It doesn't make a difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.