Someone help me out - too many R4s

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Soulshine, Mar 4, 2011.

Mar 4, 2011
  1. Soulshine
    OP

Newcomer Soulshine Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, so I am buying my cousin's friend a flashcart, and I decided that R4 would be the best because I keep seeing this wood update.
    I'm on this website, and it has tons of different R4. Can you please guide me on which is the newest R4 flascart, or the recommended one, and which is the best site to buy this R4, and lastly, will this R4 be compatible with this Wood firmware update?

2. Arithmatics

Member Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Malaysia
    I recommend the original R4DS Revolution

This is if you have a DS Phat or DS lite. But if you have a DSi, I recommend the R4i Gold [​IMG]

3. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    It depends. First of all, have you looked up this post? It's an advertorial for the original R4, wood compatible. One problem: Only for DS/DS lite.

If your cousins friend has a DSI, then you might wanna get R4i Gold, also seen in shoptemp. There are a lot of stores at shoptemp who sell these cards. It depends if your cousins friend either has a dsl or dsi.

4. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Do not get a R4! They all suck... The WOOD updates are only for REAL R4's that only work with original DS's NOT DSi's... And its REALLY hard to find one.... Get either a Acekard2i Or a Supercard DS2 there 9001% better than those fake's... But if you REALLY want an R4 get a R4 Gold from R4iDSN... They actually work with 3DS lol...

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    R4i Gold and R4iDSN disagree with you.