Somebody please help!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davidoff246, May 11, 2010.

May 11, 2010

Somebody please help!!! by davidoff246 at 9:22 AM (1,177 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. davidoff246
    OP

Newcomer davidoff246 Member

Canada
    okay so heres the issue i tried to softmod my wii but it wasnt working i didnt know what to do, handed over the job to my brother who formatted the wii, now im completly screwed because when i try to install bootmii i get a failed (-1) error right after the mount.

Ive read several forums and watched several videos im literally out of ideas and ready to go office space on this wii, im frustrated aggrivated and havnt slept in 2 days. I may be a noob or whatever but please someone help it would greatly be appreciated! thank you!

2. SherlockHolmeboy

Member SherlockHolmeboy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    If there's one thing you should never do to a softmodded Wii, it's format it.

You need to give us some more information, what exactly is wrong with your Wii? Are you getting an "Opera" error message? Can you not access the System Options?

3. davidoff246
    OP

Canada
    hey ok so, i can do everything internet works no problems just i cant get bootmii working anymore it gives me that failed (-1) error, im assuming this is because some things werent uninstalled before formatting like bootmii

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    still not a great description, but it sounds like u may have an incompatible SD card

5. davidoff246
    OP

Canada
    it a sdhc kingston sd4/4gb sd card

6. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    4gb SDHC yeah bootmii doesnt like them much at all put your bootmii folder on a 2gb card or smaller

7. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    -1 is a SD error, is it a SDHC?

8. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    fyi, u can use an sd card with the bootmii folder on it to launch bootmii, then after its loaded, u can optionally switch the sd card with an sdhc card and backup/restore your nand (I've done it personally numerous times)

edit: this doesn't mean all sdhc cards can do what I mention above, but basically it means there are 2 kinds of bootmii compatible sd/sdhc cards...
    1) sd/sdhc card that can launch bootmii and backup/restore your nand (i think only sd cards fall into this category, not sdhc, but not 100% sure), and
    2) sd/sdhc card that cannot launch bootmii but can backup/restore your nand (bootmii must first be launched using a type 1 sd card mentioned above)...

and of course there is a third option, which is, the sd/sdhc card is 100% incompatible

9. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    And a 4th and 5th.

I have an SD card that won't launch bootmii via boot2 (wii freezes), but works fine with the IOS version.

I also have one that can start bootmii but will fail when you create/restore a NAND backup.

10. davidoff246
    OP

Canada
    anybody live in north york, ontario area that wants to make 20 bucks to do this for me im stumped and retarded lmao

11. jelmew

Member jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Get another sd card. I had the same problem with my 4gh kingston. So I bought a 2gb scandisk from an local shop and I was fine to go. Remember that different parts of the hackmii-installer use different sd-card drivers. This often leads to some confusing situations where IOS-install and hbc is working and boot2/dvdx install isn't. (That was my case.)

12. sweenish

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i'm just going to throw out that my 16 GB sandisk card worked flawlessly. it was on system menu 4.0.

13. jelmew

Member jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Quite bootmii site:
    MINI does not work with a random 25% of all SD cards

It is just hit and miss sometimes, no pattern in it.