Some Updates

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates will be found here as they are available.

1/14/09: Boxes from Nintendo of America on my doorstep when I got home from work...Wii's are back at home
smile.gif

Release Schedule:
Dashboard : Feb
cSM - Prelude : Feb
cSM : Undeclared

2/2/09: Yeah i've fallen a bit behind schedule haha...I didnt anticipate the work load of the courses I have this semester >.>

Meanwhile, it will have GC disc backup loading from the disc channel. This is possible, at this point im merely waiting to get my hands on the source for wiigator's gc loader to check how he did something. What I've already written functions as so: When loading a GC disc and you start it from the disc channel, holding 'X' on the GC controller will attempt to boot it with 6x read compatibility (obviously for retail discs) and the default boot mode is to utilize cIOSr7 for 3x readspeed.

This way if you have actual retail games to play you can take advantage of the legitimate read speed.

Noob Translation: if you try to boot a GC Backup Disc and hold X to try to get 6x speed, it wont happen. The wii will throw an error and tell you to reboot, cause surprise, its not a real disc >.>

If any beta tester for Wiigator's GC loader would like to PM it to me I would greatly appreciate it...I was apart of Gamma's testing and was able to make my changes ready for when he decided to release it. At the moment I can't get into contact with either djtaz or Wiigator himself, so this would be a big help. My vacation has kept me out of the loop.

Fors

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for not throwing this away or keeping it to yourself because some n00bs/jealous people thought it was fake. This is a very brave project to be pulling off here, especially without BooMii
happy.gif
I'm going to cheer you on from the sidelines here, and I'm always here if you want graphical help for some reason.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
Nice info
smile.gif
My only hope is a possible Background Replacement, and BGM loop replacement
smile.gif

I can see it now, a Wii that Rickrolls you before you choose a channel
rofl.gif

Fors: Great news on your Wiis coming back, hoping to see dashboard soon
tongue.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm...I definitely changed my mind....I'm now 100% shure that this is true...not 80% like before...I'm ashamed to not belive full in you at a point...
shy.gif

@Topic: Glad to see that your Wiis are back, and that the Dashboard and the Prelude will come so early. Take your time, one or two months (or even more) more to wait isn't hard for something like that
biggrin.gif
!!! Hope you will be able to make Prelude ROCK with the new things that came up these days (Region-Free Disc-Channel, Update from your Server, etc...). Keep it going, and as soon I have a PayPal-Acount, I'll donate you something!!!

BTW:

Three Reasons why Dashboard will be better than Preloader:

-It boots earlier (more brickproof)
-More possibilities with Source avaible (maybe?)
-It's from Forsaekn
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended