Some Things You May Not Know About ChickHEN

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by emptysoul1983, Jul 2, 2009.

Jul 2, 2009
  1. emptysoul1983
    OP

Newcomer emptysoul1983 Newbie

United States
    Okay, I believe this is my first post on this board but I do come to it quite often for answers. Well today I get on here to hopfully help some people out with the whole ChickHEN hack program for the Sony PSP. Now I maybe be wrong about this but I thought I would still call attention to this just in case.

When I first started using ChickHEN/R2, I did it from an actual Sony Pro Duo Memory Stick. It was only a 1GB and since I was mostly using it for Rom Backup, I figured it was time to get a couple of 2GB cards. So I went to Wal-Mart and got the cheeper brand of Memory Card that being the SanDisk Pro Duo. I went through my usual steps as I did before to load up ChickHEN and no matter how many times I tried, it just wouldn't work on the SanDisk Pro Duo. Well I have come up with a solution to this problem incase anyone else has this problem.

First off, you are going to need a Sony Pro Duo Memory Stick. It don't matter what size, as long as you can get the ChickHEN/R2 files onto it. What you are going to want to do is load ChickHEN using the Sony Pro Duo Memory Stick. Once you get your nice green flashy screen and the PSP reboots, send the PSP into its sleep mode or whatever you call it. Now switch out the Sony Pro Duo with any other brand Pro Duo Memory Stick that has your rom backups or homebrew. Bring the PSP back out of sleep mode. You're PSP will still be in ChickHEN/R2 mode and you can run your emulators or homebrew without a problem.

Now I maybe wrong about the SanDisks not running ChickHEN/R2, but I know I tried to run it about 100 times and it never loaded ChickHEN/R2. With my Sony Pro Duo I only have to try 2 or 3 times before it finally loads it, so I am going to assume that it is a problem relating to the SanDisk Pro Duo's. I really hope this helps some people out that might be having the same problem I had. Thanks for taking the time to read this and enjoy your emulators and homebrew.

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    1. no need for standby, just don't swap during media-playback or games.
    2. HEN is harder to run on slower memorysticks(fake=slower bigger=slower)
    3. HEN CAN run from any working MS, it just takes more effort with some.

3. emptysoul1983
    OP

Newcomer emptysoul1983 Newbie

United States
    Alrighty, I didn't realize that. Noob mistake on my part I guess. Thanks for bringing that to light though. But I do think that this was a great post to put up because that will make it alot easier for the people with those slow or fake cards. And also thanks for letting me know that a step can be skiped that I don't have to put the PSP into Standby. Either way, I think I was helpful, atleast I hope I was for those who might be getting aggrivated with those slow or fake cards. Thanks buddy, you made this post even more helpful. Kudos [​IMG]