Gaming Some Super Mario Galaxy 2 levels revealed *spoilers*!

ronfar23x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohmy.gif

Looks like I'm gonna have to fire up the Wii and play some Mario 64 tonight! Can't wait!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
omg
I've read somewhere that there's a whole planet (world?) full of super mario 64 levels
ohmy.gif

Lame. If I wanted to play those levels I'd play Mario 64. No idea why anyone would be excited about this.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
D34DL1N3R said:
Lame. If I wanted to play those levels I'd play Mario 64. No idea why anyone would be excited about this.

Actually I'm not sure if it's true or not. But I know it's the second map (world/planet/ whatever) in the game!
yaywii.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
omg

I've read somewhere that there's a whole planet (world?) full of super mario 64 levels
ohmy.gif

;_; I can't wait for this game any longer.
There is something called "Throwback Galaxy" where SM64 levels are and according to someone on IGN there is a Sunshine level. There is supposed to be 10% old content so some of that could be in there too only you can play the levels in different ways I guess.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
D34DL1N3R said:
B-Blue said:
omg
ohmy.gif

Because it's awesome!
biggrin.gif

No, it's not. It's like saying "OMG!!!! God of War IV has God of War III levels in it!!!" Why do we need to replay levels that are already in other Mario games? I'd much rather have that 10% be all new content. No need to rehash already used levels.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Delta517 said:
D34DL1N3R said:
B-Blue said:
omg
ohmy.gif

Because it's awesome!
biggrin.gif

No, it's not. It's like saying "OMG!!!! God of War IV has God of War III levels in it!!!" Why do we need to replay levels that are already in other Mario games? I'd much rather have that 10% be all new content. No need to rehash already used levels.
It's a whole new game with different gameplay mechanics. You can't walk around in SM64 with different gravity effects, you can't get certain power-ups that don't appear in SM64.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
D34DL1N3R said:
Delta517 said:
D34DL1N3R said:
B-Blue said:
omg
ohmy.gif

Because it's awesome!
biggrin.gif

Why do you think people make remakes of older games? It's because people likes to play old stuff in a different way, and also for the memories. I remember me and my friends playing SM64 when we were small. It will be awesome to show my friends this.
smile.gif

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
That level is where I got my very last star in Super Mario 64. The hint was "Blast Away the wall" and I looked for that star aaaaaall night and out of pure accident, I blasted away a piece of a wall to reveal the star! I was so happy as a kid back then when I found that
biggrin.gif

aaah... Nintendo memories are the best

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fans have been asking for some old levels to be put into the new games and Nintendo are going with it. No one complains when they rehash Mario Kart tracks so why moan about this one world that makes up only a small percentage?

I'm pretty sure that they won't be 100% replicas just with pretty graphics, there will still be something new to them.

I'd like to see what new things I can do in these levels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021