Some software not running on 10.5 emuNand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by William Thomas, Feb 2, 2016.

1. William Thomas
    OP

William Thomas Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Ok so here is the situation. My daughters' o3dsxl was on 10.3. For no apparent reason the smash bros demo stopped working with 11 uses left. I deleted it and realized that I would need to update to 10.5 to redownload it, so I downgraded to 9.2, set up cakes with 10.5 emunand following the same guide I used for my n3dsxl https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ Everything seems to be running perfectly until I went into eshop and redownloaded the demo. The system crashes and says an error has occurred, hold the power button and try again. I tried another demo and it works fine, software that was installed previously works fine too. I tried to install a cia of full smash bros... same error!

So the only thing I can think of is that something went wrong with my sysnand that prevents smash from working, and when making my emunand it cloned that same problem over from my sysnand. So far, smash and the smash demo are the only two pieces of software that won't work. I want to format my 9.2 sysnand and start fresh from that but I want to make sure that I won't have any issues with nnid or anything like that. I'm not worried about save data as my daughter mostly plays ds games at the moment and only has mii plaza data to worry about.

On another note, I've noticed that the system menu seems to lag a bit in emunand and I've not noticed this with my n3dsxl. I'm not sure if it is because the n3ds is so much faster or if my o3ds has a crappy sd card. Come to think of it, I wonder if this whole issue is sd card related? Still though, other cia's install fine, only smash won't work.

2. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Your using cakes you need to make sure the reboot patches are on since your trying to play smash bros

3. William Thomas
    OP

William Thomas Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    Well I fell silly, what a simple fix. Why is this not on by default? Does it cause issues with some other games?

4. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    No idea why it's off by default but now that your on cfw you can install your daughter the full version and get rid of the demo completely:)