Hacking Some random idea I had

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if, say, there were an application that worked a bit like Riivolution or HANS, but instead, force converted input from non-officially-supported controllers (say, Wii U Pro, GameCube adapter, etc) to input from, say, a Wiimote or Classic Controller in applications that don't normally support them.

Say, I boot Super Mario 64 through Virtual Console through this. I have no Classic Controller, but I do have a GCN adapter. This app, in the background (ala HANS) reads input from GCN adapter (Nintendon't can, this likely could too) then responds back to the game with equivalent Classic Controller inputs.

Would this work at all? Does the Wii have enough RAM to support a background program like this? Would there be any input lag doing this? Would it work with ISOs on a hard drive? Discs? Installed Wiiware?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping, I know it isn't a very good thing to do but I would like the post to get some attention rather than get bumped out of sight by the "lol how do i get free gaemz on mah 3ds on 10.5" people.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping, I know it isn't a very good thing to do but I would like the post to get some attention rather than get bumped out of sight by the "lol how do i get free gaemz on mah 3ds on 10.5" people.

I assume it is possible, but it must be either:

1. A RiiVOLUTION Patch For The Game (Like You Said) Thats "converts" The Input
  2. A VERY Minimal Patcher That Doesn't Use A Lot of RAM. At All.

I Would Assume #1 Would Be Easier So We Wouldn't Have To Make A Whole Entire Other Game Patcher (Like a RiiVOLUTION Type Program But For Button Remapping Only).

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
You can't do this, because the system of the Wii doesn't allow this. There is only one IOS running at a time and you'd have to hack the "converter code" into every IOS. This has nothing to do with RAM - you can't run any background tasks on the Wii. The system is too limited.

Reactions: GreyWolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a