Some quick Gateway questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Berabouman, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Berabouman
    OP

Berabouman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Searched around on the Gateway site and the Net, but couldn't find much concrete information. Decided to come here because well, this forum is good for clear, up-to-date info. :)

So here we go :

1. I'm going to buy a 3DS XL with firmware 4.4. This is compatible with the Gateway right? I won't need 4.5?

2. Will I be able to play ROMs from any country on my system? It doesn't matter what country the 3DS itself is from right?

3. Even with the Gateway, I won't be able to play retail carts of a different country than the system I have right? (just making sure, I doubt I will get any retail carts anyway)

4. Installation and use is basically like using a flashcart, nothing fancy?

Thanks in advance!

2. Arnold0

Arnold0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2011
    France
    Vire, France
    1 : Yes gateway works with firmware from 4.1 to 4.5
    2 : Yes with gateway launcher 1.1a or newer (Actual version is 1.2)
    3 : No, you can't run retail card in gateway mode
    4 : It's a little harder that DS flashcard. You have to put the launcher.dat file on the 3DS SD card, then install the exploit using the blue card and go into settings / other setting /profile / nintendo DS profile to make the 3DS crash and enter into gateway mode. You also have to write the red card micro SD using a tool so it wirte raw data on the card. All needed things are on gateway website. Actualy it's not so hard to use.