Some questions

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by leinad, Jan 9, 2010.

1. leinad
    OP

leinad GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Hello~ , Im not realy into the PSP yet, but I want to buy one: on ebay.

So, of corse I did some research, but I better want to ask before I bid on anything.

EVERY 100X is hackable with pandora, right ?

If it is: The brick chances with pandora are near zero (you cant promise it will not fail, but lets say 99% success chance) ? No one wants to trow away ~100€ ...

There's anything worth risking to buy a 200X than 100X, right ? (I dont care about lighter/slimmer) The bigger RAM makes me unsure: Will everything (games+homebrew) working on the slims also work on the Fat ?

And now a more ebay specific question,lol: Some write "Special FW *hint,hint*" and stuff into the description. And then there are some that just write the Firmware-Version: "5.50 "GEND#3"" would definely mean its CFW (the GEND) , or am I wrong ?

Thanks~

2. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4

Global Moderator
    Jan 3, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Gallifrey
    Every 1000 is pandora compatible, yes. Even if you do brick a 1000, you can unbrick it with a pandora too.

If you want a 2000 that's pandora compatible, you'd need a second hand one with an older motherboard, as the newer 2000s and all 3000s have a Ta088v3 motherboard (if that's the correct name, I believe it is) which has its own PRE IPL and won't work with pandora.

Some homebrew I think is written specifically for the slims given their adjusted specs, but I think most should work.

If it says GEN-D, M33, or anything like that, then it's CFW [​IMG] OFW only contains numbers. If it is pandora compatible, it wouldn't matter which firmware it was running anyway - it could be hacked again regardless.

3. leinad
    OP

leinad GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for the infos [​IMG]

I'll just bid on 1000s then [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice