OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,

1- I stopped like 2 weeks playing online with my iXtreme 1.4 Benq drive before latest ban wave, since the ban wave is finished, I wanted to know if I'll get banned as soon as I get online with it or I can play safely again. If not, is there any way to know what will happen when I get online? I remember people arguing that people like me are detected to use custom firmwares and banwave just banned them so whenever I get online I would get banned, but I'm not sure.

2- Since my drive is 1.4 and it's better to wait for LT for Benq instead of upgrading to 1.6, does my console run new games like BioShock 2?

tnx.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The aforementioned link gives a good indication if you're flagged for a ban. I would guess that since you haven't been online since before the banwave, you should (possibly) be safe.

If you go online with iX1.4 now, you will be banned. If you revert to stock, or get LT when it's available, you should (possibly) be safe. No real way to know though, since there's always the risk that M$ will still detect and ban you. LT is supposed to be safe though.

IIRC, iX1.4 cannot play any wave 3+ games. Whilst waiting for LT, you could flash iX1.61 to get full compatibility with wave 3+ games, although BioShock2 and Mass Effect 2 seem to have an uncertain stealth status in abgx360 due to an unknown video partition. Still, you can always try it and see.

Gl
biggrin.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I went to the repair page but after inputting my info such as serial and other info, it says the service is temporarily unavailable, am I doing the right thing?

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
flashed my first xbox360 2 days ago, it had a benq drive and i flashed it with iextreame 1.6, it was just a coinsidence the first backup game i tried was Bioshock 2, works perfectly. Hope this helped.

p.s As you probs realised i am a noob to flashing xbox360's so can anyone tell me what LT is for the Benq?

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I´m about to flash my drive as well. Will LT be compatible with ALL waves (1-5)? I´d really like to not have to use the activate disc between switching games.

Or can I use another BenQ FW that is compatible to ALL waves? How about 1.51 or 1.6? Does all non stealth FW boot ALL waves without any problems?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
LT = LiteTouch. It's a minimalistic flash, without some of the bells and whistles that iX1.61 has. It will be compatible with ALL waves, because it will have NO stealth protection. If you're going to go online with LT, make sure your games check out green with abg360. If all goes well, you can play online with LT without being banned.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Flashed a ix 1.6 last week to ix lt and it worked fine on live.

guess he was smart to unplug his network cable when he heard about bannings happening
smile.gif

I had to buy a new arcade and flash with ix lt to play on live again, make sure that all your games are SSV2 + splitvid, even old ones.

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Originality said:
LT = LiteTouch. It's a minimalistic flash, without some of the bells and whistles that iX1.61 has. It will be compatible with ALL waves, because it will have NO stealth protection. If you're going to go online with LT, make sure your games check out green with abg360. If all goes well, you can play online with LT without being banned.

Great thnx! No one heard anything else about BenQ LT?

5th of Feb = "BenQ LT complete, debugging and testing." Usually takes some weeks huh?

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Originality said:
Indeed, since it takes that long to make sure it works and doesn't get you banned.

You could always ask them nicely for an early copy just to play online... at the risk of getting banned...

K tnhx, I don´t play online so that doesn´t matter. I just have an old FW that doesn´t want to play the newer games. So I was interested in a newer firmware that plays ALL waves without have to use a activate disc or similiar before the game is able to boot. But I should be busy with the jtag hack and the homebrew so I´m just glad the BenQ FW is "on the way" so I can fix it later.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I just wish there was a safe way to determine if my box is on the black list waiting to get banned or is safe to get online with LT, when it comes out for BenQ of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-