Gaming Some questions about the MH4 demo

thekarter104

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I'm planning to do a Giveaway stream on Twitch.
I got some demo codes from Nintendo on January 14th and have some questions.

1. I got the email in my language (Dutch). Will they only work with my country or does it work all over Europe? I think the Giveaway will be European only.

2. Do I need to register 'my' download code I got in the email to get the other 3 codes to work? It shows a code before I scroll down and see the other 3.

3. How to do this type of Giveaway on Twitch? It will be my first Giveaway, and Nintendo's regionlock makes it European only. All Twitch viewers are ofcourse from different countries including US, so I need a good setup for this.

4. When do the codes expire? I have to know so I can prepare as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello.

I'm planning to do a Giveaway stream on Twitch.
I got some demo codes from Nintendo on January 14th and have some questions.

1. I got the email in my language (Dutch). Will they only work with my country or does it work all over Europe? I think the Giveaway will be European only.

They will work in Europe, but wont work outside of it.(someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I tried using a USA code and it didn't work, as I'm Dutch too :P

2. Do I need to register 'my' download code I got in the email to get the other 3 codes to work? It shows a code before I scroll down and see the other 3.

Of that I'm not sure, but I saw some people give away all four codes, so I think it doesn't matter if you are the one to register the first one, or that some other guy does it.

3. How to do this type of Giveaway on Twitch? It will be my first Giveaway, and Nintendo's regionlock makes it European only. All Twitch viewers are ofcourse from different countries including US, so I need a good setup for this.

Can't help you with this, I don't use twitch :/

4. When do the codes expire? I have to know so I can prepare as soon as possible.

I haven't heard of any expiration date for the codes (again, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks in advance.

Hope thist helps a bit

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Europe only
2. You definitely don't need to use your first code for the others to work, they are all independent of each other.
3. I'm not familiar with using Twitch...
4. Codes don't expire. There has been no official announcement, but I bet as the release date gets closer (Feb 13-14), there will be a public demo on the eshop available for everyone. Thus making the codes not that important. Just a hunch, but the distribution via codes helps with the online servers from crashing, but eventually Capcom is going to want everyone to have an opportunity to play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...