Some questions about eShop

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by EndlessD, Nov 24, 2013.

1. EndlessD
    OP

EndlessD Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2008
    United States
    Hi!

Thank you in advance for your time ans answers :D

Lets get straight down to business;

1. I heard that it is possible to change eShop region by changing the country setting. I would like to move from NA eShop to UK eShop in the next two week to grab Bravery Default. The question is, would I be able to download and run the game brought from a PAL-region eShop?

2. I also heard that the games you brought from eShop aren't linked with your Nintendo account... Thus, if my 3DS broke down for some random reason before I transfer my system, I would pretty much lose everything, am I right?

2. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    1. Don't know

2. IIRC, some people have had success getting there eshop stuff transferred by contacting Nintendo.

3. superspudz2000

superspudz2000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    nope. 3DS's are locked in 3 different regions where it was bought. if you bought a USA 3DS than you cant access the UK eshop or the Japanese eShop.

1.N and S America
    2.Europe
    3.Japan

if i bought a Japanese 3DS, i can only access Japanese eShop, regardless of region.

also you cant transfer games from 3DS to 3DS. only full system transfer which overwrites any data on the New DS. and are only allowed 3 Transfers For Life!

if your 3DS is stolen, you can send a police report to nintendo to get them to restore the data, but thats about it.