Hacking Some noob questions

MichaelShawJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I recently but an unpatched switch With firmware 4.1.0. I am waiting for my sx pro to come in the mail and was wondering if I should start playing tonight? Or should I wait for the sx pro? If I play tonight I will have to update the console because I don't have any physical copies. What is the difference between the newest firmware and 4.1.0 when it comes to modding a unpatched switch?

Also, do any of you use your modded switch online? Not to cheat but just to play the downloaded games online? Have a lot of people been banned? Is it the same chances as the 3ds? My 3ds has cfw and I haven’t cheated online and haven’t been banned yet. Also, If I bought the games I want to play online legitimately, I could play those online safely on Sysnand and play all my homebrew and stuff on the emunand?
Thanks in advance for all your help

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to get an SX OS, so you can start whenever you want. I'd also cancel the order if you can.

You will need to update to 8.1.0 to play the latest games. You can do this with ChoiDujourNX. If you don't want to burn fuses, you can install AutoRCM in the process. You can also install 8.1.0 from the system settings, but you will burn your fuses, and you will be unable to downgrade.

You can play online with legitimately purchased games if you use all of your hacks with an emuNAND. If you use hacks with your sysNAND and play online, you will very likely be banned; it's not like the 3DS. You cannot play online with pirated games.

Last edited by Lacius,

MichaelShawJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help! Is there anything about 4.1.0 that I would want to keep for the future? and is there a way I can make an emunand with a different serial number/ identity from a broken switch or something? So if it gets banned my sysnand will be safe? And last but not least, why do you recommend free cfw methods vs SX OS? I thought sx os had a lot more features and was the only one that supported emunand? Also, I liked the idea that I could boot the system with the dongle instead of needing to use a phone or pc. Also, if I mod the switch and dont have a dongle or phone with me, will the console be useless until I get home and grab the dongle? Or will it just boot into the unmodded sysnand?

Krushx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only a newbie without own cfw experience, but I have read on the forums for days now.

Afaik there's no real advantage to stay on 4.1.0 on an unpatched device.

If you use an emuNAND, your sysNAND will be safe.

Atmosphere got emuNAND support too and is free to use.

If you wish to use a dongle, you could go and buy a RCMloader One, it's a payloader dongle that can store up to 6? payloads. Also you don't need to always plug the dongle, only if you have to reboot from shutdown. If you wake your console up from standby, it should just reboot into cfw.

D

Deleted User

And last but not least, why do you recommend free cfw methods vs SX OS? I thought sx os had a lot more features and was the only one that supported emunand?
Atmosphere offers Emunand. Also, the other cfws have almost the same features

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte