Hacking Some newbie questions on hacking ps3

mohasi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to to CFW my PS3 slim on 4.86, mainly so that I can rip a few of my games and have them playable without getting the boxes out. My current goals are:

1. Ability to easily rip a BD game, the current one I am playing is TLOU (to internal storage -- Ill only do 2 or 3 games at a time).
2. Ability to sync trophies.
3. Visit the PSN store to download something I own.
4. Play JRPGS with translation patches (not that important).
5. Maybe some settings to control performance / overclocking etc. to help with the frame drops in TLOU (not that important).

Are the above goals possible? What software / methods would I need (in 2020).

Oh and I almost forgot:
6. Ability to delete trophies for a game without syncing them, because when I get like 1% trophies for a game I would like to just not have it there.

Last edited by mohasi,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends. some translation patches require modifying files that can't be modified with hen. you can install cfw as long as it's a 1k or 2k (some 2500 as well). use minverchk to see if the minimum firmware that can be installed is 3.56 or lower.

mohasi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
depends. some translation patches require modifying files that can't be modified with hen. you can install cfw as long as it's a 1k or 2k (some 2500 as well). use minverchk to see if the minimum firmware that can be installed is 3.56 or lower.

I can definitely install the full REBUG CFW. I tried it a long while back. I went back to OFW as I found it too confusing and always scared of connecting online to avoid a ban. I want to give it another shot but first ask what the correct way to do it is.

Last edited by mohasi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol