some info abot switch charging

Rictor Sep 4, 2019.

1. Rictor
    OP

Rictor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    Italy
    i've recently bought a switch and i noticed when i put the switch in charge undocked battery icon not appear and istead the switch turn on by itself , its normal ? is there a way for keep it off when charging and make appear the battery icon for know when is fully charged ? thanks

2. Agilato

Agilato GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2019
    United States
    Yes, it's normal if battery charged enough for system to be started, around 2.9-3v on the battery.

There is multiply Power Cycles, if console aren't charged battery icon will aper when charger connected, and will start automatically if charge will reach "start point".
    If battery depleted, charger plugged-in and you will hit power button, system will show logo and because battery doesn't have enough charge to start, system will show battery icon and will not start till you hold the power button for couple of seconds and start it again.

Over all you don't have to worry your system seems to work perfectly fine!

Last edited by Agilato, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Rictor
    OP

Rictor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    Italy
    there is a way to keep switch off when charging ? also is possible save game on sd i've read is possible move save from internal memory but game will not load saves on sd ...

4. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 28, 2015
    nope, its a bullshit feature most devices do now when putting on charge, it turns itself on.

5. Agilato

Agilato GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2019
    United States
    Yes, connect to the charger and turn it off, but there is no point to do it, it's not gonna charge faster.
    I don't think you can keep saves on SD, there is multiply reasons why: You can cheat by modifying or resubmitting saves and plus Nintendo make money on cloud storage.

6. Rictor
    OP

Rictor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2018
    Italy
    in that case if my switch broke how to get save on a new switch ?

7. Agilato

Agilato GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2019
    United States
    Welcome to the world of Nintendo Switch, get urself online service ;-)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted