OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello guys.

Context:
Some time ago I've bought a bundle (black) version of Nintendo Wii U EU region (I suppose EU since AFAIK Russia is considered EU). Some time after that I've bought some games for vWii but didn't realize that they were all for the US. Well, it happens, nuff said. So I decided to try to run them via some exploit.

Further:
I've read some threads here and decided to use Riivolution via Letterbomb. It seemed as a simple and safe way to just load a disk region free.
So I downloaded riivolution, and configured Letterbomb for system menu 4.3E with the MAC I viewed at Wii U system settings (must note that my Wii U isn't exposed directly to the Internet but through a router).
I prepared an SD card (1GB) formatted by windows as FAT and dropped all the files needed to the root directory.
Then I've started vWii, inserted the disk and the card and tried to open the Letterbomb.

Problem:
The console found the letter and opened it. Aaand... That's all. All I got was just a message with lots of "?" text and some hieroglyphs I can't repeat.

What have I done wrong?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All I got was just a message with lots of "?" text and some hieroglyphs I can't repeat.

Really? Was it, like, black speech from Mordor that you shall not utter here? :P

Seriously though, read up when doing this sort of process next time - sounds like no damage has been done but if you don't pay attention to FAQs etc and suddenly decide to try priiloader you could be ending up with a brick (a small 32Gb black brick no less). You'll need one of a selection of Wii games ;)

Reactions: cracker

drbaldhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I admit, I didn't read that table about what exploits could be used in what enviroment careful enough.
Considering that I don't have any drive capable of reading wii disks neither any of the exploitable games, I'd rather pair my WiiMote with Dolphin then :)

Anyway, thanks for the reply :)

Really? Was it, like, black speech from Mordor that you shall not utter here? :P
Who knows, what if it wasn't just a block of misread binary data, but a warning that next time I risk being disposed by the secret ninjas of Iwata clan? :)
To be honest, I just thought that the contents of the "message" could mean something. Since they didn't, well, ~it happens.

Reactions: mightymuffy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone