devilguy370

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so i have a girlfriend-- (Trolls : LOL YOU DONT HAVE A GIRLFRIEND)

so i have a girlfriend, and she plays maplestory, right? so im into mature games like counter strike and other stuff like that. i told her that i wasnt into maplestory and she goes off on me and says a bunch of stuff that's pretty much irrelevant. how can i break it off to her that kiddy shit like that doesnt appeal to me?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
By telling her again?

Or just ignore her until she changes topic.

(Do you really need an answer for this?)

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
devilguy370 said:
i tried both. she's pretty pissed. lol

That's her problem, not yours (unless you want it to be - in which case you should give it a "try" and/or ask her to try out one of your games in exchange).

I really don't think it's an "issue" that warrants a thread like this tbh (unless you're after silly responses).

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
You seen her ID?

If she likes Maplestory what does it matter? If you like 'mature' games like Counterstrike, who cares.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tell her that if she can't respect that you like what you like and dont like what you dont like, then you can't give her the same courtesy in return.

My boyfriend and my both love games and there are a few places our taste in them overlaps, but for the most part we have completely different taste in games. Sometimes we make a deal. An "i'll try this if you try that" and most of the time we agree that we don't like each other's games but appreciate that we both tried.

When we were younger-about your age, actually, and Oblivion came out, I got very addicted to it. My boyfriend developed a deep loathing for the game because of this and we had a lot of fights over the amount of time I spent on the game when he wanted my attention. I was able to point out the hypocrisy of this later when he went apeshit over KH2 when it was released and obsessed over it.

We discussed it and sheepishly agreed we were both jackasses about it and since then, our gaming relationship has been a lot smoother. We don;t really bother each other over games only one of us likes, and enjoy discussing/playing games that we both enjoy.

If the relationship is worth it, discuss respecting each others tastes. If it happens in gaming it;s likely to happen elsewhere sometimes too and it's best to have the discussion now. If the relationship goes long term like mine did, it'll be very worth it in the long run. The silly lesson we learned over our games was easily applied on arguments we had later and we've been together for 7 years.

Quick edit: don't call her stuff "kiddy shit" regardless of your feelings about it. Especially not to her face. Be respectful to her if you want her to be respectful to you.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What exactly are you after here?

I get the impression from your post you don't respect her for what games she enjoys. You can hardly expect her to do the same for you when you can't. Does it really matter what type of game she plays anyway, so long as she finds it enjoyable.

Gaming shouldn't have much to do with building a relationship anyway.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
devilguy370 said:
KevInChester said:
Not sure what you are asking to be honest, just tell her during recess or something.

now you're being an asshole.

I'm not the one asking for advice on how to basically bully a girl into submission.

That was good advice I thought - you are both arguing over games. Save this thread, read it when you are older, then you will know I was correct. Just know I will forgive you for your unneeded attitude.

devilguy370

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KevInChester said:
devilguy370 said:
KevInChester said:
Not sure what you are asking to be honest, just tell her during recess or something.

now you're being an asshole.

I'm not the one asking for advice on how to basically bully a girl into submission.

That was good advice I thought - you are both arguing over games. Save this thread, read it when you are older, then you will know I was correct. Just know I will forgive you for your unneeded attitude.

you're funny. lurk more somewhere else

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ugh...

My girlfriend sometimes get pissed off while i play too much DS. However, you must decide on your own which games you´ll play, as she can decide which she may play.

But if you try to act "rude" and say such things, most probably you´ll end giving apologies after all. Better be honest.. but trust me, not offensive.

; )

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
play a bit of maplestory until u like it and then everyones happy.
mellow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D