Homebrew Some games are not loading

Will1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know wiiflow, but does "usb1" refer to the partition or the usb port?

• if it's referring to the port :
you need d2x r53 to use port1 (top port on Wii, bottom-back on WiiU).
you said you always use bottom port, so maybe wiiflow is trying to mount the wrong port and as a result you get "game not found"?

• if it's referring to the partition (which is more logic) :
seeing both Wiiflow and USBLoaderGX can't launch the game, I suspect the issue is on your HDD, not in your console's setup.
and seeing it's only some games, not all, it means it's not a HDD problem.
- Either the file is not properly named, or in the wrong folder, or you have the folder but miss the file
- Either the game is bad (corrupted, or 0byte?). verify your game is not corrupted with WiiBackupManager's Sha1 option, or with Wit if you are not on Windows.
- Either the .wbfs file is write protected. FAT32 seems to have a problem with protected files, be sure you check the file properties on your computer and disable the read only attribute.

if you installed the game manually, maybe the extension is wrong, or filename is wrong (should be TitleID.wbfs, not <Title>.wbfs)
always use wii backup manager to properly install the game (not just copy or convert)

Will1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

I always use wii backup manager to transfer the wbfs or ISO file, but I don't see the sha1 option under the tool menu.

you said you always use bottom port, so maybe wiiflow is trying to mount the wrong port and as a result you get "game not found"?

seeing both Wiiflow and USBLoaderGX can't launch the game, I suspect the issue is on your HDD, not in your console's setup.
- Either the file is not properly named, or in the wrong folder, or you have the folder but miss the file
- Either the game is bad (corrupted, or 0byte?). verify your game is not corrupted with WiiBackupManager's Sha1 option, or with Wit if you are not on Windows.
- Either the .wbfs file is write protected. FAT32 seems to have a problem with protected files, be sure you check the file properties on your computer and disable the read only attribute.

if you installed the game manually, maybe the extension is wrong, or filename is wrong (should be TitleID.wbfs, not <Title>.wbfs)
always use wii backup manager to properly install the game (not just copy or convert)

Hi

I have always use the wii backup manager to load the games. I went through the files in the hdd and I checked all the games for corruption and they all passed under the Sha1 from the wii backup manager. Also check the read only attribute. (I did a test on one of the worked games with read only attribute and usb loader gx would reset to the system menu for that)

Thanks,

Will1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hi

I have always use the wii backup manager to load the games. I went through the files in the hdd and I checked all the games for corruption and they all passed under the Sha1 from the wii backup manager. Also check the read only attribute. (I did a test on one of the worked games with read only attribute and usb loader gx would reset to the system menu for that)

Thanks,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a recommendation! try the games that are "not working" using the Dolphin emulator on PC. if they work on Dolphin, reformat your Wii & re-SoftMod from scratch. If they are not working on Dolphin, it is "Most Likely" bad wbfs rips. There is a Dolphin game compatibility list you should refer to. Good Luck

Will1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a recommendation! try the games that are "not working" using the Dolphin emulator on PC. if they work on Dolphin, reformat your Wii & re-SoftMod from scratch. If they are not working on Dolphin, it is "Most Likely" bad wbfs rips. There is a Dolphin game compatibility list you should refer to. Good Luck
Hi

Any recommended step by step softmod guideline?

Thanks,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/

*Note* This does NOT require a format of your Wii. It is your choice
to format or not. I just believe a fresh format is best when troubleshooting.

1. Download ModMii.
2. Extract ModMii into a folder onto your desktop.
3. Double Click ModMii.exe to open program.
4. Type "I Agree".
5. Type "W" for ModMii Wizard.
6. Type "Yes".
7. You are on System Menu 4.3.
8. You are using NTSC-U, So Type "U" for USA.
9. I own Smash Brawl, so i select "S". YOU must select whatever exploit you intend to use here.
10. Type "Y" Yes here.
11. Type 4.3 [RECOMMENDED].
12. Type "N" None.
13. If you want a different Theme, Type Letter that corresponds.
14. Type "N" No here.
15. Type "Y" Yes here.
16. Type "D" Default Setting: COPY_TO_SD.
17. Type "Y" Yes.
18. All files needed are being downloaded, when done Type "E" Exit.
19. Inside the folder you created on PC desktop is "COPY_TO_SD" folder now.
20. Open folder and copy all files to a clean "FAT" formatted SD card.
21. Follow the ModMii Wizard Guide that is generated.
22. Say Thank You to XFlak for all he has done for the community!

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: