Gaming Some ds lites don't run flashcards?

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Me and my friends have bought about 7 ds lites which we use for multiplayer wireless sessions. One of them doesn't recognise any of our flashcards (acekard 2i, supercard dsonei mini, R4, R4 king) no matter what we try. But it runs normal game cartridges fine and has no other problems. Does anyone know why this is?

It was bought used from ebay. We even found out that 2 of our ds lites are actually fakes but they still run the flashcards.

Is there any sign that a ds lite won't run flashcards so we don't end up buying another dud, or better yet does anyone know if it can be fixed?

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Would this problem you mention cause it to not recognise any flashcards? eg. I used my dsonei mini on it but that didn't work (nor the acekard) does anyone have a picture of exactly where and how you should put the paper? I know the acekard can have contact problems of its own sometimes but that's different right? (our 2 acekards work fine in the other ds lites.)
Crimsonclaw, how did you solve the problem exactly?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It could either be a contact issue with the flashcards or games, which can be solved by just placing a piece of paper behind the cards to press them closer to the connects.
Or possibly the slot-1 is damaged. Recently I had to switch out the board in my DS lite because the slot-1 just wouldn't read games anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY