Some ds lites don't run flashcards?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by azakhan, Nov 5, 2012.

Nov 5, 2012
  1. azakhan
    OP

Newcomer azakhan Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Me and my friends have bought about 7 ds lites which we use for multiplayer wireless sessions. One of them doesn't recognise any of our flashcards (acekard 2i, supercard dsonei mini, R4, R4 king) no matter what we try. But it runs normal game cartridges fine and has no other problems. Does anyone know why this is?

It was bought used from ebay. We even found out that 2 of our ds lites are actually fakes but they still run the flashcards.

Is there any sign that a ds lite won't run flashcards so we don't end up buying another dud, or better yet does anyone know if it can be fixed?

2. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

It may be a contact issue. Try adding a piece of paper in the card slot where the game label is.

3. Crimsonclaw111

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My DS was one of these "problem" units. It just took me a while to figure out exactly how to get the card in so that the DS recognized it.

4. azakhan
    OP

Newcomer azakhan Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Would this problem you mention cause it to not recognise any flashcards? eg. I used my dsonei mini on it but that didn't work (nor the acekard) does anyone have a picture of exactly where and how you should put the paper? I know the acekard can have contact problems of its own sometimes but that's different right? (our 2 acekards work fine in the other ds lites.)
    Crimsonclaw, how did you solve the problem exactly?

5. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
  6. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    It could either be a contact issue with the flashcards or games, which can be solved by just placing a piece of paper behind the cards to press them closer to the connects.
    Or possibly the slot-1 is damaged. Recently I had to switch out the board in my DS lite because the slot-1 just wouldn't read games anymore.

7. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    It's not a problem with the DS, and it's not a problem with the flashcart per se; it's contact issues, with fixes above.