Some apps wont load, Goes back to dashboard???

Calaco2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi ya. So I soft modded my 1.2 console(5960 dash) with Unleashx & nkp 67 and upgraded the hdd to a 2tb sata F & G 1 tb each and 64k cluster. I've loaded my library of games on it as well. Alot of games & emulators run just fine. My problem is dvd2xbox, coinops8 and pal games don't load. The game/app name pops up, goes black then back to unleashx dashboard. I've tried various methods like patching the xbe files, deleting save files and clearing cache's. And still stuck in the same spot, my other modded 80gb console doesn't have this problem. Any suggestions??

Calaco2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iirc you need a modded bios to get HDD's that large working correctly.
Could be wrong since its been years but softmods are not enough for a 2TB drive? maybe? IDK.

I can copy other items to the console and they work fine, I also copied (ie) dvd2xbox from the problem console to another and it loads without issues. I don't believe the the partitions are the issue.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can copy other items to the console and they work fine, I also copied (ie) dvd2xbox from the problem console to another and it loads without issues. I don't believe the the partitions are the issue.

The issue im talking about is not the drive at all but your softmod might not support LBA48 and thus wont work correctly with a drive of that size.
I know chips and TSOP flashing can use a LBA48 enabled BIOS but i don't remember if that works with a softmod.

Calaco2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The issue im talking about is not the drive at all but your softmod might not support LBA48 and thus wont work correctly with a drive of that size.
I know chips and TSOP flashing can use a LBA48 enabled BIOS but i don't remember if that works with a softmod.

I'm, upgrading the drive on the 2nd console from 80 gb to 1 tb, and gonna start with the problematic apps first, Will let ya know results shortly

Reactions: fate6

Calaco2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update and still issues. So the other console was a 1.6 I modded and end up being another 2tb, once again split the volumes F&G so they don't go over 1tb. Now with this console the pal games load just fine, but as I pass the 500gb mark(my guess) of copying, some games are going back to dash like before. The data of the games are intact and can ftp and burn them and they work. I used the ndure softmod with the nkpatcher .67 which is supposed to support lba48 hdd on both consoles. hmmmmmmmmm

Solved

Calaco2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Solved!. So in the process of modding I was using an older version of ndure softmod that used unleashx 0.38.0515a. Sure it all seemed great at first but as you load the hdd your console it automatically creates a save file in udata for every xbe the damn thing finds. Once you hit the 254 folder mark in the udata folder the console starts refusing games, even on disc. I updated unleashx to 0.39.0528, deleted the items.xml. then cleared tdata/udata and restored from backup. Now it doesn't create a save file until the game makes one, and 2tbs work with softmod yay!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo