[solved] Any trojans or viruses on FileTrip?

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried to download akaio 1.8.9 and my antivirus popuped and blocked 2 trojans from attacking my computer from FileTrip whats going on with the webiste also seeing some play pause ads on the website as well costello or any other admin of the website want to explain this??

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible, but you don't need any admin to explain something that can be easily logically conceived by the average person.

Two possible cases: it is a virus and it isn't a virus.

If it is a virus; the site is designed to let users add submissions. It's entirely possible for a user to accidentally or purposely add a virus, no more need explaining by costello or any other admin.

If it is not a virus; anti-viruses have false reports quite frequently in certain areas of software, no more need explaining by costello or any other admin.
Since both of these cases lead to the same conclusion, my final advice by logic is that, no more need explaining by costello or any other admin.

But I will play with the file to see what it does considering AKAIO is a DS flash cart firmware, what's a virus for windows will not work under the architecture for AKAIO and vice versa

----

edit: Why did I put isn't not? ... got to lay off a certain adult substance

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
just tried to download akaio 1.8.9 and my antivirus popuped and blocked 2 trojans from attacking my computer from FileTrip whats going on with the webiste also seeing some play pause ads on the website as well costello or any other admin of the website want to explain this??

...Why would you download AKAIO from GBATemp's FileTrip rather than from AKAIO's home website?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible, but you don't need any admin to explain something that can be easily logically conceived by the average person.

Two possible cases: it is a virus and it isn't a virus.

If it is a virus; the site is designed to let users add submissions. It's entirely possible for a user to accidentally or purposely add a virus, no more need explaining by costello or any other admin.

If it is not a virus; anti-viruses have false reports quite frequently in certain areas of software, no more need explaining by costello or any other admin.
Since both of these cases lead to the same conclusion, my final advice by logic is that, no more need explaining by costello or any other admin.

But I will play with the file to see what it does considering AKAIO is a DS flash cart firmware, what's a virus for windows will not work under the architecture for AKAIO and vice versa

----

edit: Why did I put isn't not? ... got to lay off a certain adult substance

Or option 3: It's an ad on the site that is the virus. Or more specifically, an ad is trying to use an exploit to install spyware, fake antivirus, or botnet software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later