Solution for random code dumps?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by momin, Feb 2, 2017.

1. momin
    OP

momin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    My new wii was having problems since I modded it a few days ago, the symtoms:

-I get ramdom code dumps in almost every app (emulator, pimp my wii, wad manager, even syscheck...).

-Homebrew channel doesn´t read usb, it detect them but when I change from SD to USB it shows the loading circle eternaly, then I try to exit to system menu, and it blocks in black screen (then I need to press power button 8 sec). (my previous wii detect the same usb and apps).

-USB loaders sometimes works but usually I get black screen when loading a game not matter which cios I use.

I guess some ios got a bad installation or similar, is there anyting I can do?

Syscheck:
    SysCheck

Last edited by momin, Feb 2, 2017
  2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    d2x-v10beta52 its very unstable, download v8, you can use SetMiiUp to resoftmod your wii, or just to update the softmod.

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    I've never had any problems with v10-beta52. beta53 is the one that doesn't work right with many titles.

V8 doesn't work with my drive enclosure. It freezes reading and writing. :P

The HBC doesn't use a cIOS. It uses IOS61 or IOS58 depending on your system menu version. If the HBC is having trouble reading the drive it may have a partitioning problem. It should be MBR w/ FAT32 as the first and primary partition.

Last edited by GreyWolf, Feb 3, 2017
  4. momin
    OP

momin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    Thank you a lot for the help.

This far, I don´t know what to try, different usb well formated (fat32 32k as primary partition) doesn`t works, they can be read but code dump at somepoint, black screen loading a game, etc.

Let's say there is something really wrong with an IOS installation (example 58) can I re-install my IOS 58 somehow?
    Maybe reinstalling it helps or else I don´t know what other thing I can try, but there is something wrong for sure.

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Sure. I think ModMii has an option to make WADs for unpatched system IOSes and I think DOP-Mii has the option to install them straight to the Wii. If you want to try DOP-Mii just make sure you get the non-WiiBrew one and be careful with it. :)

I have seen people end up with corrupted cIOSes occasionally, too. Reinstalling the cIOS usually fixes it, but like I said that wouldn't affect the HBC not being able to access the drive. That generally means the drive isn't the right format or it's just completely incompatible. The USB HDD can't be anything except MBR. The HBC doesn't support GPT.

Another thought: if you're using the same USB cable to try hard drives try replacing it. It *could* just be a bad one. I had that problem once myself.

6. momin
    OP

momin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    Thanks a lot guys.

Problem solved, reinstalling again some ios until I work (my syscheck is the same... same revisions I would say even, I tink someting got bad a some point, maybe ios58 was bad?)