Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi ppl,

I got myself SolidCAM and i need to make me a new Post Processor cuz the one i want is not included and costs extra money -.-V

now the only problem is i have no clue how and i can't seem to find that GPPTool which is supposed to be included in the programm oO

Is anyone able to explain me how to do it ?
i could actually open an existing .gpp data with the editor but i don't understand whatever there is written XD

here is a short exaple out of one of the gpp files already available

the only thing i might try is just "translate" these G commands into what i need but no clue if that actually works ... and i would need to find out the meaning of the G command in the gpp file i am using.

Code:
@start_of_file
print "WARNING: THIS IS NOT A PRODUCTION READY POST AND MUST BE MODIFIED TO THE MACHINE TOOL REQUIREMENTS BEFORE USE."
{'%'}
{nl, ':'program_number, ' (', g_file_name, ')'}
{nb, '(AWEA AV-1000)'}
{nb ,' G90 G10 L2 P1 X0 Y0 Z0 '}

endp

;-------------------

@start_program
; after tools definition
;    {nl ,'G05.1 Q1'}
endp

;-------------------

@end_program

if !first_tool
if active(xtool) or active(ytool) then
{nb, 'G0', ['X'xtool], [' Y'ytool]}
endif
endif

{nb, 'M9'}
{nb ,'G91 G30 Z0 M19'}
{nb ,'G90 G53 X500. Y0'}
{nb ,'G90'}
;    {nl ,'G05.1 Q0'}
{nb, 'M30'}
endp

I have made this here with SolidWorks
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7573/triforcer.png

and now i want the CAM system to make me a usuable programm out of it but we only have Simens and Heidenhain at Work

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well thanks for the try but this is something different ^^ i have watched all the german version vids already and what you found there is only the button you need to give out the programm code.
the CAM system is to make a CNC programm (G Programm) out of the 3d image which it does with the operation G-Code and /all is only to do all "jobs" as they call it.

But as you said "after prepairing the post processor" the problem is i do not have the correct post processor there are only some for other programming languages which i do not need.

like the "normal" one would say "G1 f??" (slow straight movement) "G0" (fast movement) while the one i need would say "L F??" straight movement slow or fast both the same.

I am thinking of trying to just switch all G1 and G0 in an existing GPP file (post processor file) with L and all G2 and G3 in CR maybe ... but i dunno if this would work especially cuz they aren't used exactly the same way :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.