Hacking Soldered Wiikey incorrectly?

Kenjitsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well basically I quicksoldered my to the six points on the board, but when I burned the ISO for the Wiikey setup on my Wii the Wii won't read the disc! I checked the the board the the silver (solder?) that goes from the small 4 points on the board to the four points on the Wiikeychip itself are sorta connected to each other (probably I used too much solder?) Help me? Its like a got a big glop of silver over the small points from Wiikey to the board? Should the silver (solder?) be separated from each other or does it matter?

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
picture?

its hard to understand what it is your saying, but it sounds to me like you might of connected some solder points together: "small 4 points on the board to the four points on the Wiikeychip itself are sorta connected to each other"

and this sentence "Its like a got a big glop of silver over the small points from Wiikey to the board? Should the silver (solder?) be separated from each other or does it matter?" sounds like you just put one "big glop" of solder on everthing....i hope thats not the case

student69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well basically I quicksoldered my to the six points on the board, but when I burned the ISO for the Wiikey setup on my Wii the Wii won't read the disc! I checked the the board the the silver (solder?) that goes from the small 4 points on the board to the four points on the Wiikeychip itself are sorta connected to each other (probably I used too much solder?) Help me? Its like a got a big glop of silver over the small points from Wiikey to the board? Should the silver (solder?) be separated from each other or does it matter?

Yes it does matter. each one of those points should not be connected with any other point. If you have a multimeter you should be able to pick any two points on the wiikey and get resistance (not 0). If all your blobs have sort of melted into one I would recommended using a soldier sucker or de-soldiering braid to remove it. Personally I would VERY carefully remove the chip and redo it with wires instead of quick soldiering. But be careful not to pull a pad of the board (I did this removing my cyclowiz). There are many threads in this forum showing excellent ways to mount the wiikey. Also if you are a beginner soldier you may want to enlist some one with a little more experience to remove it.

Kenjitsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D1MX: posting on friend's name

Ok I got a soldier sucker/desolder-er-er-er lol. Anyway now I got 4 separate small blobs in their respective location points (on Wiikey and DVD drive board thingy), and the two big holes like a fool I just filled 'em um w/ solder and made sure the big blobs in each respective hole (where the big points are on the board), connect to teh silver points on the Wiikey and I made sure no blob is touching any other blob.

I also DLed the v1.1 Setup disc from Wiikey.cn and burned the ISO onto a TDK 16x DVD-R I made sure I extracted teh ISO file b4 burning it w/ Nero @ 2x. I also burned multiple setup discs on a DVD-R (HP brand), 2 DVD-RWs (Memorex brand) earlier when I thought the setup discs weren't booting b/c of the brand of the DVD-R/RW that I used. But now I shall hook my Wii back up and see if the setup disc is recognized...if so...

SUCCESS! And I'll be another member of the WiiPirates! Aargh scurvy knaves Hahaha! XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)