Hacking Question Solder the Joy Con to enter RCM

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided that I'm not going to install AutoRCM after noticed that some members have same issues, so I do feel that solder the Joy Con is better option, but not completely sure.

Could you tell me about how fragile is pins on Switch? I have jig with copper in it so how many jig used that lead to damage or worn out the pins? I used about around 30 times or slightly more.

I'm not good at solder to create a bridge between 9 and 10, so willing to pay someone to do it like I did with my 3DS.

If you recommended different methods to mod the Joy Con so please tell me, exception of tinfoil method (not worth to risking my Switch.

Thanks

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
I mean I could solder your joycon for you, but I'm not sure if there's any price that worth paying for something simple as this

Reactions: JeepX87

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well depends on the quality of the jig, mmmm i think soldering in the joycon isn't any better

I use jig that I bought from one of GBAtemp member here.

ofd5oPwl.jpg

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a replacement joycon rail off eBay for £7 and soldered a wire from pin 1 to pin 10 (You can also bridge 9 and 10 with a blob of solder)

No extra stress on your switch rail 100% rcm triggers
20180518_092022.jpeg
20180518_092014.jpeg
20180518_091948.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

XxWiReDxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what you are looking for. That way you can choose to boot into RCM or Stock Firmware with a push button.

On github /xxwiredxx/Nintendo-Switch-JoyCon-Hack

Please give the creator some credit. I hope this helps.

I am a new user and cannot reply with links and photos, so please repost with photos and a proper link to the GitHub guide. Thanks everyone.

I decided that I'm not going to install AutoRCM after noticed that some members have same issues, so I do feel that solder the Joy Con is better option, but not completely sure.

Could you tell me about how fragile is pins on Switch? I have jig with copper in it so how many jig used that lead to damage or worn out the pins? I used about around 30 times or slightly more.

I'm not good at solder to create a bridge between 9 and 10, so willing to pay someone to do it like I did with my 3DS.

If you recommended different methods to mod the Joy Con so please tell me, exception of tinfoil method (not worth to risking my Switch.

Thanks

Last edited by XxWiReDxX,

SundayWarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Maybe be useful. Its my mod. Very easy, and very usable. Need switch, glue, y-screwdriver, tiny wire, soldering iron, flux.
firstly glue the switch so that the lock button presses it. then just solder the two wires. I have guide on other site.
20180621_184613.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I bought a replacement joycon rail off eBay for £7 and soldered a wire from pin 1 to pin 10 (You can also bridge 9 and 10 with a blob of solder)

No extra stress on your switch rail 100% rcm triggers View attachment 134046View attachment 134047View attachment 134048

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
9 and 10 won't always work because pin 9 is not guaranteed to be GND.
I use jig that I bought from one of GBAtemp member here.

ofd5oPwl.jpg
I think a jig like that is fine. Anyone who's damaged their pins so far were using a paperclip or a paperclip based jig.
A thin wire is much more pliable. It would lose its shape before it would do any damage to the pins as the pins are much harder. Just make sure that the wire is aligned correctly and the jig is inserted correctly every time to avoid stressing the pins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse