1. KhrisVecktor

OP KhrisVecktor Newbie
    Newcomer

Romania
    I'll start by saying that I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to the modding (or things like these) scene and this is my first flashcart.
    So I purchased a DSi XL with a R4i 1.4v flashcart. The DSi is all fine, but the flashcart I got has a software different from the ones that I have seen so many times on internet guides. It has a background with DSTT and the neoflash website. I looked it up on the net, is DSTT better than the R4 software - should I change the files? What's the difference between them? (my biggest question)
    If so, would changing the files on the microSD of SDTT to the ones of R4 cause anything?
    Also, for whetever reason when I try to switch it to the GBA Mode (I suppose that with it I can play GBA games) freezes or something when I try to go on it on sys settings, though it doesn't freeze the whole console, I can still go to the home screen.
    The version of DSTT is 1.17a12, should I upgrade it? How can I do this? Replace the old files?
    My DSi's version is 1.4 - updating the console (if that's even possible anymore) will cause problems with the flashcart, wouldn't it?
    Finnaly, does anyone have some links to the sites where I can find these files that I have to put on the flashcart and, more importantly, some nicely written guides on R4 or DSTT or things like thsese?
    The games work all fine, though it seems like the it lags a little when I swipe through the existing game list. I'll edit this if needed when I get acces to my PC. Thanks in advance for helping out a confused lad ^_^

Edit: My flashcart might be a clone, all things considered. Not very sure, but that might actually be a thing, considering that many clones took the example of DSTT.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. KhrisVecktor

OP KhrisVecktor Newbie
    Newcomer

Romania
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Flashcart, Software, files