Software 4.1 released.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by hhs, Feb 8, 2012.

Feb 8, 2012

Software 4.1 released. by hhs at 10:47 PM (787 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. hhs
    OP

Member hhs You will not like the outcome of this encounter

Korea, South
    Just noticed my ps3 found the 4.1 update. It listed improved internet capabilities as its purpose. I don't know if this really affects the scene at all. I know a 4.0 cfw was in the works but I don't know if this effects their progress at all.

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    dropbox WORKs (somewhat)

upload not working well
    but
    Downloading works

it also
    add auto sync ps3's Clock

3. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    1st, this was already posted somewhere.
    2nd, this update is for the PSN->SEN change
    3rd, the hack for 4.0 is NOT CFW, it will NOT let you play backups (yet, probably won't for a while)

4. codezer0

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    the update was to basically migrate from calling it PSN to SEN. It also adds dropbox support, which I actually could use...

Still though, what bugs me is that there are games I would want to buy legit for my ps3 right now. But I can't, because they won't play on 3.55 CFW. At least with 4.00CFW, I'd be good and covered and could catch up. But I am simply not about to give up multiman, all that delicious homebrew, or the improved load times just to do that.

Not to mention, I still need to try and bookmark that one form link should I ever do update my ps3's firmware, in order to opt-out of the lawsuit waiver clause. I don't care if they put me on some 'watch list' or something. Given my experience with $ony products in general, and especially the playstation brand, I deserve to retain the right to sue them for their fuckups.