Software 4.1 released.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by hhs, Feb 8, 2012.

1. hhs
    OP

hhs You will not like the outcome of this encounter

Apr 15, 2011
    Just noticed my ps3 found the 4.1 update. It listed improved internet capabilities as its purpose. I don't know if this really affects the scene at all. I know a 4.0 cfw was in the works but I don't know if this effects their progress at all.

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    dropbox WORKs (somewhat)

upload not working well
    but
    Downloading works

it also
    add auto sync ps3's Clock

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    1st, this was already posted somewhere.
    2nd, this update is for the PSN->SEN change
    3rd, the hack for 4.0 is NOT CFW, it will NOT let you play backups (yet, probably won't for a while)

4. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    the update was to basically migrate from calling it PSN to SEN. It also adds dropbox support, which I actually could use...

Still though, what bugs me is that there are games I would want to buy legit for my ps3 right now. But I can't, because they won't play on 3.55 CFW. At least with 4.00CFW, I'd be good and covered and could catch up. But I am simply not about to give up multiman, all that delicious homebrew, or the improved load times just to do that.

Not to mention, I still need to try and bookmark that one form link should I ever do update my ps3's firmware, in order to opt-out of the lawsuit waiver clause. I don't care if they put me on some 'watch list' or something. Given my experience with $ony products in general, and especially the playstation brand, I deserve to retain the right to sue them for their fuckups.