Softmodding your nintendo DSi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Ubuntuの刀, Sep 2, 2012.

Sep 2, 2012
  1. Ubuntuの刀
    OP

Member Ubuntuの刀 :^D

United States
    Ok so I recently traded with a friend my iPod Touch 4th Gen 8gb for his Nintendo DSi(charger + 5 of the games he has). Now I'm gonna buy a flashcard later on, but if there is any possible way of softmodding my DSi, I would like to know. No, the primary reason for getting a DSi is because I ripped the screen on my old one taking it apart and that sucked so much. Q_Q Pokemon White! So no, Pirating isn't going to be a major issue with me(I'll try to fork out 10-20 bucks per game. :/)

So yeah, if anyone has any information on softmodding a Nintendo DSi or if it's even worth doing, please DO NOT hesitate to tell. :nds:

Oh and when I do start to use my DSi, I'm gonna add my FC's in my signature. Wanna round up a couple of peeps online and whip yall up, Pokemon, mario kart, etc :teach: :bow: :wtf:

2. Sleet

Member Sleet GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Only softmod available for DSi is sudokuhax, but if you haven't bought the DSiWare game it exploits (Sudoku by EA) before it was patched it's impossible to do.

Edit: Actually, there are a few games that are supported but they only work if your DSi's firmware is 1.4.1 or below and you've downloaded them already.

3. overlord00

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    the only "softmods" there are; SudokuHax and DSiWareHax, which are essentially the same thing... and have been patched.
    There are currently no softmods for the DSi

EDIT: damnit Sleet, you ninja.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    they will work on any dsi firmware, what was removed was the ability to transfer the exploited file back into the dsi memory. if you previously downloaded the file, are still on 1.4.1, then you can copy off the file, patch it, and put the exploited file back on.

if you already did that you can safely update and still have them work. but if something goes wrong, you have to format the dsi, the internal memory dies, whatever, you can never put them back on as the dsi firmware can not be downgraded.

-another world

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Sticky: DS/DSi/3DS "hacking" F.A.Q.

Q - How do you hack the DS/DSi/3DS?
    A - You buy and use a "flash cart".

Q - Aren't there any soft mods to do this? You know, for free?
    A - No. There was only one soft mod (EA Sudoku game exploit), it was not free, it was only for the DSi(ware), and less than 250 people downloaded it from Nintendo's servers before it got pulled and patched, so if you're asking this question it's likely that you don't have it. In addition this hack is quite limited and cannot run game backups.

6. Raylight

Member Raylight Paranoid Temper

United States
    Its 2014 still no softmod... what a shame.

7. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

There's also the often-forgotten Cookhax, although it has a lot of limitations.

8. syrusch

Member syrusch GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Yes ant it use a save hack to work and a DSi specific game. DSi game have TWL (Twilight) in the place of NTR (Nitro).

https://www.ohloh.net/p/CookHack/commits

Search google for WinterMute CookHack

Someone has made a save emulator with a FPGA to run this hack. It's no more softmod :)