Hacking Softmodding Wii 4.3U, Lu64+

Jaeden09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm slightly new to this. I softmodded my 4.2 Wii about 8 month ago so I could run games off a USB loader. A friend of mine recently bought a Wii and asked me if I could softmod his so he could also do the same.

His is a version 4.3U, and when I look at the Boot2 version, it comes up as Boot2V4, and then there is a statement saying that the wii is a Lu64+ and yada yada yada. To get the boot2 version I'm using MMM.

The problem I have is when I try to downgrade IOS15 from V1032 to V257. There is a message in MMM saying that to softmod the console, you have to update use the IOS36 patch that is in the main menu to mod the wii. The problem is when I try to run the IOS36 patch, it tries to downgrade IOS, which gives an error of "Error: ES_AddTitleStart returned -1035" when it attempts to set revision to 0.

Anyone have any ideas about a way to get around this? I do have AnyTitleDeleter on the SD card, but I think I tried deleting the title for it and it gave me another error.

Thanks for the help. If you need anymore information let me know and I'll do my best to provide it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaeden09 said:
Hi, I'm slightly new to this. I softmodded my 4.2 Wii about 8 month ago so I could run games off a USB loader. A friend of mine recently bought a Wii and asked me if I could softmod his so he could also do the same.

His is a version 4.3U, and when I look at the Boot2 version, it comes up as Boot2V4, and then there is a statement saying that the wii is a Lu64+ and yada yada yada. To get the boot2 version I'm using MMM.

The problem I have is when I try to downgrade IOS15 from V1032 to V257. There is a message in MMM saying that to softmod the console, you have to update use the IOS36 patch that is in the main menu to mod the wii. The problem is when I try to run the IOS36 patch, it tries to downgrade IOS, which gives an error of "Error: ES_AddTitleStart returned -1035" when it attempts to set revision to 0.

Anyone have any ideas about a way to get around this? I do have AnyTitleDeleter on the SD card, but I think I tried deleting the title for it and it gave me another error.

Thanks for the help. If you need anymore information let me know and I'll do my best to provide it.
Install IOS236 with this. There is no need to downgrade any IOS.

Jaeden09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already got BootMii, HBC, and PriiLoader installed. I'm just trying to get it so that I can play backed up games off a USB drive, but if I remember right (from like 6-8 months ago), you have to change some of the IOS to run Trucha bug. Am I correct in this assumption?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaeden09 said:
I've already got BootMii, HBC, and PriiLoader installed. I'm just trying to get it so that I can play backed up games off a USB drive, but if I remember right (from like 6-8 months ago), you have to change some of the IOS to run Trucha bug. Am I correct in this assumption?
Install IOS236 and then install IOS249 using IOS236. There is no reason to downgrade anything anymore. You may also need to use Multi-Mod Manager to delete the stubs of IOS249, IOS250, etc.

Jaeden09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
Jaeden09 said:
Install IOS236 and then install IOS249 using IOS236. There is no reason to downgrade anything anymore. You may also need to use Multi-Mod Manager to delete the stubs of IOS249, IOS250, etc.

I've already tried deleting the stubs using MMM, and it gives me an error when I try to delete them. There were 4 of them it was trying to delete and all failed. But that was before I did the IOS236, so let me try that.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaeden09 said:
Lacius said:
Jaeden09 said:

I've already tried deleting the stubs using MMM, and it gives me an error when I try to delete them. There were 4 of them it was trying to delete and all failed. But that was before I did the IOS236, so let me try that.
When you open Multi-Mod Manager, you will want to reload IOS236 before you delete the stubs.

Jaeden09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
Jaeden09 said:
Lacius said:
Jaeden09 said:

When you open Multi-Mod Manager, you will want to reload IOS236 before you delete the stubs.

I've deleted all the stubs now and that worked fine, but how do I install IOS249 using IOS236? That should be my last hurdle.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download this, tell it to use IOS236, use IOS56 as a base, and install in slot IOS249. Repeat using IOS57 as a base and install in slot IOS250. If your friend has controller lag problems, use rev19 instead and use IOS57 as a base.

It might also be worth installing Hermes' IOS using IOS60 as a base for IOS202, IOS38 as a base for IOS222, IOS37 as a base for IOS223, and IOS57 as a base for IOS224. Again, use IOS236.

Jaeden09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
Download this, tell it to use IOS236, use IOS56 as a base, and install in slot IOS249. Repeat using IOS57 as a base and install in slot IOS250. If your friend has controller lag problems, use rev19 instead and use IOS57 as a base.

It might also be worth installing Hermes' IOS using IOS60 as a base for IOS202, IOS38 as a base for IOS222, IOS37 as a base for IOS223, and IOS57 as a base for IOS224. Again, use IOS236.

I started using cIOSX Rev 21, but when I run it, it gives me a prompt to select which IOS to use, but then I don't see a place where I get to pick which slot to install it to, or which IOS to use as a base... Any other directions or ideas?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaeden09 said:
I started using cIOSX Rev 21, but when I run it, it gives me a prompt to select which IOS to use, but then I don't see a place where I get to pick which slot to install it to, or which IOS to use as a base... Any other directions or ideas?
If you are unable to follow the instructions I gave, it might be best to just follow this guide.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lacius said:
Jaeden09 said:

Install IOS236 with this. There is no need to downgrade any IOS.
why would you quote the entire question when it's so obvious you're replying to this because you're in the topic haha

kpoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my guide of choice.
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users